Job #1227: Project Lead, Financial Innovation, Financial Services - New York, NY (8-20-19)
Job TitleProject Lead, Financial Innovation, Financial Services
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Forum’s Centre for Global Industries provides a platform to the world’s leading industry communities to shape the Industry Agenda and advance public-private cooperation.
The World Economic Forum’s Financial Services community is a high-level group of banks, insurers, and asset managers who work with each other and with the Forum to provide a financial services perspective on the major challenges facing the industry and the world. The successful candidate for this role will support the Financial Services Industry team by engaging Forum partners to develop shared strategic priorities for systemic change as well as initiatives that can help to address these priorities.
- Develop and curate an evolving research agenda around innovation in the Financial Services Industry
- Define and manage a portfolio of relevant impactful projects, including Forum-run projects, joint ventures with partners and efforts run by partners themselves
- Build relevant networks – internally and externally – to stay informed about the financial services innovation agenda and enrich contributions to Forum projects, initiatives, and events
- Facilitate ongoing financial industry dialogue to develop shared strategic objectives and priorities, and translate this into strategic focus areas
- Contribute to industry team thought leadership, help refine the industry value proposition, and develop understanding of initiatives outside of own portfolio
- In collaboration with the Head of the Financial Services Industry team, continuously improve the support and services offered to our partners.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years work experience in the financial services industry or strategy consulting; experience across more than one sector welcome
- Strong understanding of the evolution of the financial services industry (particularly Fintech / Emerging technologies)
- An interest in global affairs and furthering the public interest
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Prior experience managing strategic projects; demonstrated leadership capabilities and excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to influence at all levels and have a strong network of contacts in the innovation arena; excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset
- Exceptional presentation skills – both preparing (i.e. PowerPoint) and delivering
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Commitment to improving the state of the world, with solid values and ethical principles
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Natalie Wolfman at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1227 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.