Job #1226: Human Resources and Benefits Manager - New York, NY (8-20-19)
Job TitleHuman Resources and Benefits Manager
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Mound Cotton Wollan & Greengrass LLP is among the oldest and most respected law firms in New York City, offering preeminent legal services in a wide array of practice areas.
The Human Resources and Benefits Manager will lead the HR function for the firm, including application of Firm policies, processes and procedures. The HR & Benefits Manager will provide guidance to all personnel regarding various aspects of the employee life cycle, including recruiting and integrating new employees, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, employee development, reward and recognition programs, coaching, discipline and termination. This position will also be responsible for the processing and submission of the Firm’s payroll, managing the New York office secretaries, reception desk and the Legal Recruitment & Events Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recommends, develops, and implements human resource policies and procedures for all Firm personnel.
- Responsible for staff and legal recruiting, posting jobs, maintaining agency relationships, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, processing reference and background checks, extending offers, and coordinating new hire orientation and training.
- Works collaboratively with Firm management on matters such as compensation, health, welfare, retirement, employee relations, HRIS, leave management, recruiting and the attorney and staff evaluation process.
- Provides guidance and training on employee management issues, such as coaching and counseling, employee development and retention, warnings, performance improvement plans and termination recommendations.
- Works collaboratively with the partners, lawyers and the administrative managers on the legal and staff evaluation process, including compensation recommendations.
- Manages the annual open enrollment process for benefits.
- Acts as a liaison between firm personnel and our benefit providers.
- Manages various leaves, including the Family Medical Leave and ADA process.
- Prepares for employee departures, conducts exit interviews.
- Maintains personnel files.
- Creates and sends office communications regarding new hires, departures, holidays, early dismissals, benefits, etc.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local labor laws through participation in educational programs, SHRM certification/membership and industry networking groups.
- Oversee and manage lateral attorney hiring, law school on campus interviews (OCI) and the summer associate program. Coordinate interview schedules and candidate feedback with partners and firm hiring committee. Prepare offer letters and arrange new hire paperwork.
- Works collaboratively with the Finance Department for the processing of the Firm’s payroll.
- Works with the Firm’s lawyers to ensure proper secretarial coverage at all times.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of human resources and benefits experience. Law firm experience is preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication and writing skills. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, HRIS and payroll programs (ADP preferred).
- History of exercising good business judgement and diplomacy in complex situations.
- Ability to work effectively with management, attorneys, directors and staff, including the ability to lead and direct, resolve conflicts, delegate, and mentor and supervise.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills with a proven track record of following through on commitments and managing multiple expectations simultaneously.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Alex Chaimowitz at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1226 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.