Job #1224: Chief Financial Officer - Kigali, Rwanda (8-20-19)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a CFO to join the business during an exciting phase of expansion. With a rapidly growing team and portfolio of work, Remote Group needs a CFO to come in and rationalise the finance department in order to position the company for continued growth through a forthcoming capital raise. As a key member of the senior team you will bring your experience to bear on all areas of the business and act as both sounding board and mentor to the dynamic, young founding Partners.
This is the number one position in finance and will see you working closely with the founders to consolidate the position of the business and put in place proper financial structures and controls. You will therefore have previous experience in structuring and professionalizing the finance function in new entities or divisions and will have the authority and clarity of mind to devise and then implement the structure that works best for the company. Remote Group has been approached by potential investors and lenders on both the project- and corporate-level and is currently reviewing the best strategy to undertake while entertaining offers.
Ultimately as CFO you will be fully accountable for all financial & administrative operations of the Group, including financial results & reporting, production of performance metrics, control systems and compliance.
There is the need to develop SOPs in many of these areas, to support the new and growing business lines, and to deliver meaningful and high-quality management information to support both the day-to-day operational management of the businesses as well as aiding strategic decision making.
In addition to this you will use your experience of project finance to develop financial models around the various infrastructure projects which the Group are developing and executing. Your expertise in financially structuring and closing on real estate, energy or other transport infrastructure finance and working alongside external equity or debt providers will be critical to success in this role.
Interpersonally you will be a confident individual who can drive projects forward and work closely with both local staff and the highly entrepreneurial founders. Bringing your track record of having managed a significantly larger, ideally multinational, business previously you will, where necessary, challenge assumptions and work to build a new consensus. Your motivation will come from the opportunity to bring structure and control to a high-growth company, which is unique in Rwanda. As a credible business leader this is the chance to apply the best practice you have learnt to help build a leading regional business.
Success in this role will be rewarded through a competitive package comprising base salary, bonus and expatriate package.
- Founding Partners
- Board of Directors
- Finance team as well as project controllers Major External Contacts:
- Bankers / Funding Institutions
- Shareholders/Investors/JV Partners
- Professional Suppliers
- Mature male or female, seasoned professional with an ambition to be the financial wizard behind the first independently successful truly affordable housing developer in East Africa.
- The ideal person must possess a minimum qualification of a good first degree and a relevant professional certification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA). A post graduate qualification (MBA, MSC. in Finance) is an added advantage.
- Has gone through the process of equity and/or debt raising as the company is currently considering raising additional capital to further push the boundaries of its affordable housing goals
- S/He must possess a minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience spanning accounting and finance roles; five (5) of these must have been on executive management roles
- Prior experience working on or for engineering and construction projects is sought and as a minimum the candidate should have experience modelling CAPEX intensive projects, or the ability for deep dive analysis of consultant’s work and reasoning
- Effective leader, able to train the next cadre of young financial professionals in the company as well as manage a team of 10+ people in the finance department
- Very good experience of working effectively in emerging markets locations is required, preferably on the ground in Africa Behavioural Competencies
- Strong and charismatic individual with solid pedigree and experience of setting up/running the finance function with a high level of autonomy
- Superb organizational skills; able to manage multiple objectives in a professional and seamless manner; robust business acumen
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on data.
- Self-assured and internally motivated individual driven to succeed and make a difference
- Must possess high levels of integrity, resilience, commitment, determination and assertiveness.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Trevor Green at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1224 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.