Job #1223: Chief Financial Officer - Madison, NJ (8-27-19)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Position Purpose Summary: The CFO is a member of the C-Suite and will lead the Finance Team. In this aspect of the role, the CFO will be responsible for the processes and systems of internal controls surrounding the consolidated financial statements; compliance with GAAP; the internal cost accounting processes and system; the budgeting and forecasting processes, along with the related variance analysis processes; the establishment and monitoring of key metrics; the monitoring and forecasting of cash flow; and the leadership of the Annual Plan and Long-Range Planning Processes. This position reports to the President of Arbre Group Holdings.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Finance Team Leader
- Develop a tight link between the business performance measurement processes and tools to the company’s overall economic execution and risk management.
- Ensure that adequate internal controls are in place.
- Instill a culture of continual improvement, using metrics, analytics and key performance indicators to drive the economic betterment of the company.
- Executive Team Member
- Keep fellow Executive Team Members informed of the financial condition and direction of the company. Where challenges are identified, suggest corrective actions and when opportunities are identified, suggest best ways to harvest them.
- Lead the Capital Planning Process and support the subsidiaries in developing models that dispassionately evaluate and quantify proposals addressing opportunities to either yield economic improvement or eliminate risk.
- Provide expertise in the Strategic Planning discussions, as well as provide advice on Capital Structure. The CFO will be actively engaged in any M&A activity.
- External Compliance Leader
- Responsible for financial compliance, including compliance with applicable federal, state and local tax regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Oversee the timely reporting to financial institutions on compliance with financial covenants.
- Lead the day-to-day working relationship with the independent auditors.
- Under the guidance of the CEO, maintain and develop day-to-day relationships with banks and financial institutions, insurance brokers and other external, finance-related entities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Results-oriented self-starter with a high sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as great listening skills
- Driven to achieve goals in a time sensitive manner and able to instill the same drive in others
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possesses the ability to work at both the conceptual and detailed level and will have a proven record of working with all levels of the organizations, from the production floor to the Board
- Possesses tact and diplomacy
- Proven team leader
- The ability to stay current in the Accounting and Finance disciplines and be up to date in industry trends
- Demonstrates the highest level of confidentiality, integrity and ethical values
- Possesses the ability to be candid and direct in his/her communications with the CEO and Board and be a fiduciary to AGHC in both fact and appearance
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to resolve problems or issues effectively by using judgment that is in consistent with Company standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. An MBA degree and/or a CPA is highly desirable.
- Fifteen to twenty years of experience in increasingly higher levels of responsibility
- Experience in manufacturing and standard cost systems is required and experience in implementing an ERP system a plus
Physical Demands of the Position and the Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must sit for long periods of time; ability to handle varying levels of stress. Additionally, the employee is exposed general office conditions except when working in the actual production facility– where there is exposure to moving parts and vehicles; variable tempatures of both heat and cold; wet environment; loud environment.
Travel is expected to be about 50%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Mark Kerschner at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1223 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.