Job #1222: Controller - Lakewood, NJ (8-19-19)
The Controller is responsible for overseeing all accounting and finance activities of The Component Hardware Group. The Controller will be the key leader of the Accounting and Finance team and will support the CFO in not only enhancing the quality of all reporting and analysis; but will also support the CFO and CEO to grow the business and monitor performance towards that objective. The self-directed and experienced Controller will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax compliance, risk management and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will be a CPA with a strong Finance background from global industrial/manufacturing companies; and with prior PE experience. The position will have solid exposure to senior management and the PE owners.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Provide leadership and support to The Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable department
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of all financial reporting and analyses from the monthly close to reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual results.
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics by establishing and tracking relevant KPI’s
- Monitor financial performance of the company, highlight key issues and drive remedial actions
- Consolidate and analyze financial reporting packages from domestic and international subsidiaries
- Manage international payments and transfers and have a strong working knowledge of FOREX management
- Enhance the global cash flow monitoring and reporting process
- Ensure that the Company’s cash flow and other elements of working capital such as Inventory, AR and AP are healthy and well managed
- Own the annual budgeting process and calendar and once finalized, monitor compliance and drive results.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
- Partner with HR Director in monitoring changes in payroll and other employment related taxes and benefit plans
- Be the main point of contact with external auditors for the annual audit
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly Board Package for submission to the PE firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Professional Accounting accreditation (CPA, CMA, CGMA), or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- MBA or other relevant Master’s degree is highly desirable but not required
- Minimum 12 years of experience in senior accounting and/or financial management roles at Global Industrial/Manufacturing companies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Proven leadership skills
The employee may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, enter warehouse, participate in meetings. They are also regularly required to bend and maintain the workings of the copier machine by replacing toner, drum cartridges, staples and paper. They are occasionally required to use a laminating machine as well as a spiral binding machine.
Note: This job description is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Ann Behringer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1222 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.