Job #1214: Director of Pricing and Analytics - Whippany, NJ (8-13-19)
Job TitleDirector of Pricing and Analytics
Salary$150,000 - $175,000 + management incentive plan
The Director of Pricing and Analytics is a highly visible role with integral dealings with the Executive Team. The Director will be responsible for analyzing and managing components of the margin waterfall that influence customer end price. This role will be instrumental in developing strategies to improve and optimize components in the margin waterfall, including modeling changes to current strategies, communicating recommendations for change to an executive level audience, designing the processes, tools, and organization required to support recommendations, and conducting pilot tests to validate the commercial impact. This role will partner with Sales, Finance, Marketing, and other teams to develop and implement solutions that drive enterprise wide profitability and growth. This position will be located in Whippany, NJ.
- Lead projects to develop strategies, analytics, tools, and processes that enable the organization to grow operating margins by driving improvement to pricing and revenue management practices
- Develop and implement a standard pricing system. On-going contract review and administration to identify non-standard pricing.
- Establish and implement a framework for measuring pricing execution, including pricing waterfalls, quarterly pricing metrics and street price analysis
- Direct and review quantitative and statistical studies, e.g., correlation, multivariate regression, predictive analysis, that evaluate critical areas for improvement, including price setting, price governance and compliance, and alignment with channels and customer segment strategies
- Communicate recommendations and value created from implementation of strategies to executive level audience
- Build strategic working relationships with key team members in Sales, Finance, and Marketing to ensure a shared understanding of customer behavior, category strategies, financial and marketing levers as well as other key business drivers as input to price strategy
- Maintain an understanding of industry and market trends, as well as regulatory updates, to inform strategy
- Ensure all solutions are pursued and implemented employing optimal change management practices
- Build high-performing teams as needed to support process changes executed at corporate location
- Work closely with the FP&A team on client and service line profitability and Ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned
- At least 10 years professional experience in Pricing/ Revenue Optimization/ Economics or Finance. Either Service industry background or Pharmaceutical and/or Healthcare Industry knowledge preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or other business related field requires; Master’s degree preferred.
- Dynamic team leader who can mentor team to improve performance, streamline processes and guide them towards effective solutions.
- Proven capabilities involving pricing concepts, such as price elasticity, transaction profitability assessment, margin and revenue analysis, price band analysis, and price waterfall analysis or equivalent relevant experience in professional consulting services
- Excellent communication skills and experience working closely with executive team and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully across functions