Job #1211: Controller - Bala Cynwyd, PA (8-6-19)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Context Capital Partners is a leading alternative investment specialist firm focused on delivering superior solutions to family offices and institutions. We are active investors and offer a diverse portfolio of niche strategies to sophisticated clients. We partner with fund managers and seek to accelerate fund growth through investment partnerships and by injecting growth capital. Context offers family offices and institutional investors efficient access to high-performing investment solutions that are difficult to find elsewhere.
The successful candidate will have accounting experience within a financial services organization or in a related entrepreneurial environment. Their background will include experience working with accounting records, internal controls, budgets, AR and AP functions. At least two years of Controller related experience is a must.
This role is responsible for establishing and overseeing policy and procedures for all accounting and finance operations and systems. This role will also be responsible for budgeting and all financial reporting including month end and year end closing.
- Oversee two employees responsible for AR and AP.
- Develop and oversee business process and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls.
- Effectively collaborate with internal teams
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Supervise transaction-processing operations
- Maintain a comprehensive system of accounting records
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Recommend benchmarks for the measurement of company financial performance goals
- Analyze capital investments, contract negotiations, and pricing decisions
- Review periodic bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience two of which include Controller or related responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a small environment with an entrepreneurial spirit; strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, positive attitude, independence and adaptability.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Accounting systems process and financial modeling experience preferred
Interested candidates should send resume to Meredith Carter at: MeredithC@contextbl.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1211 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.