Job #1207: Chief Financial Officer - Wayne, PA (8-5-19)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
This position is a key member of the Company’s executive management team and functions as a strong cross-functional leader and strategic business partner to the executive leadership group. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for i) actively contributing to the evolution and execution of the organization’s strategic and operational plans and sustaining and delivering service excellence; (ii) developing trusted, strong relationships with the Board, investors, lenders and other external stakeholders and ensuring transparent communication that inspires confidence about the state of the business; (iii) leading the Company’s efforts to communicate with investors, potential investors, current Board members and other external constituencies; (iv) with the Company’s Leadership Team, evaluating and pursuing the Company’s strategies, which may include the successful completion of a crossover financing, M&A transaction to optimize investor returns, or the completion of an IPO; and (v) managing and supporting the Company’s current Finance Group fostering an environment of problem-solving, collaboration, efficiency and customer service.
This role is a key business partner to the CEO, the Board of Directors and all other department leaders and executive managers.
- With other members of the Company’s executive management team and in conjunction with the Company’s Board of Directors, define and execute the Company’s strategic and tactical goals.
- Manage and develop the Finance Group.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with investment banks, lenders, and appropriate institutional investors to assure that the Company has numerous, viable financing options.
- Develop liquidity options for the Company to include M&A transactions and IPO sequence and timing.
- Develop, implement and maintain the investor relations function to assure that the Company has effective exposure to public and private investors, analysts, bankers and other external constituencies.
- In conjunction with the Controller:
- Direct and support as needed all accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, control systems, and risk management activities.
- Ensure accounting procedures and reports conform to generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions, inclusive of SOX compliance if necessary.
- Manage the company’s IT needs/infrastructure and legal matters.
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Requirements (The minimum qualifications required to adequately perform the job.):
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS/MBA in relevant financial area of study.
- 20+ years of financial management work experience (both Public and Private company) partnering with an executive team delivering credible financial and business results, driving organizational growth, and forging strong, effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Commercial sales experience (revenue, inventory, gross-to-net calculations)
- Demonstrated track record of success preparing for and conducting one or more IPO and/or M&A transactions; able to effectively negotiate complex corporate transactions.
- Experience with implementation of ERP systems.
- Experience in strategic planning.
- Extensive business case modeling experience.
- Extensive experience with capitalization/waterfall analysis
- SEC reporting experience.
Abilities and other Expecations:
- Excellent leadership, team management, interpersonal and employee development skills
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with sophisticated private and public investors with high credibility
- Capable of managing a multi-party merger & acquisition process in conjunction with the CEO
- Capable of preparing the company for an IPO inclusive of a functional gap analysis, creation/implementation of necessary systems to comply with SEC requirements, banking syndicate selection, S1 drafting, SEC interactions, and conduct of the road show.
- Effectively manage investor relations should the company become public.
- With the Controller:
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Highly developed decision-making, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Comfortable in a high growth, demanding environment that is rapidly evolving as a commercial enterprise.
- General office environment
- Laboratory environment
- Domestic and international travel
- Medical device research and manufacturing environment
- Includes varying work schedule
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing and walking
- Travel by automobile, train and aircraft (up to 50%, depending on the needs of the project or company)
- Occasional travel on weekends
Interested candidates should send resumes to Andrea Dunkle at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1207 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.