Job #1205: Chief Accounting Officer - Miami, FL (8-5-19)
- Job Title: Chief Accounting Officer
- Location: Florida
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Harvest CFO has been engaged to deliver a highly skilled Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) for Alliance Laundry Systems (Alliance), the global leader in commercial laundry sales, product range, reach and R&D investment. Alliance designs, manufactures, and markets a line of commercial laundry equipment sold and supported by a global network of select distributors in over 100 countries. The Company manufactures products under the brands Speed Queen, Primus, Huebsch, IPSO, and UniMac from its manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin, the Czech Republic and Thailand. Alliance has consistently been awarded the prestigious Stevie Award for recognition of its excellence in international customer service. Founded in 1908, Alliance is currently generating $1 billion+ in annual revenues with more than 20% EBITDA and 3,000+ employees, backed by a global private equity (PE) firm and has a strategic plan of continued profitable growth. Alliance has a track record of success built on integrity, authenticity, and consistency in delivering value to its customers and subscribes to a culture that is steeped in entrepreneurial spirit and employee engagement.
The CAO position is a newly created role tasked with partnering with the CFO to develop the global accounting, financial reporting and financial management functions to support the executive management team in executing on the strategic plan. The CAO has primary day-to-day “hands on” responsibility for managing a global accounting team and will partner with senior leaders to ensure business priorities are supported and aligned with US GAAP and IFRS. The CAO will establish and optimize all global processes, systems and disciplines for the enterprise accounting and controls functions and provide leadership for the worldwide accounting and control environment. The CAO will be responsible for all internal and external accounting and financial reporting, accounting policies and procedures and accounting standard compliance research and analysis. The CAO coordinates and leads the annual audit process and prepares and submits compliance reports for federal, state, and local governments. The CAO will be involved in special projects including reporting and analysis projects with internal departments, due diligence projects, tax projects, consolidations, foreign operations as well as month-end, quarter-end and year-end responsibilities.
The CAO role is a critical tactical and strategic management position reporting to the CFO. The CAO is expected to be a true “business partner” and work effectively across all functional areas of the company and be a positive impact across the company. The ideal candidate should have a high level of intellectual horsepower with strong business acumen and a highly organized, self-directed business style with a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple functions. He/She must possess the highest ethical standards, possess a collaborative nature and a strong work ethic with a drive to succeed. To be successful in this role the CAO must have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as be hands-on, high energy, and self-starter. This role provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including equity participation.
- Direct experience as a financial leader who is both “hands on” and “scalable” in a multi-location global manufacturing environment with revenues of at least $1BN with proven ability to manage growth.
- Successful experience in a financial leadership role for a private equity portfolio or publicly-traded company environment.
- Results focused leader with a record of leading, motivating and inspiring large and diverse teams of professionals to operate as cohesive units to achieve the completion of projects and initiatives with demanding timelines.
- Experienced, detail-oriented, dead-line driven and dedicated professional experienced in financial statement preparation, financial analysis, forecasting, acquisition accounting, capital planning, independent decision making and managerial oversight of global accounting staff.
- Highly proficient and expertise in US GAAP and IFRS reporting, compliance and research.
- Highly skilled at communicating parameters of complex business transactions to both front-line leaders and senior executives using advanced knowledge of US GAAP.
- Successful experience:
- developing and managing a high performing global accounting team including manufacturing accounting;
- leading, managing and delivering preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial statements in compliance with US GAAP and IFRS, and operational reports including MD&A;
- ensuring best practices as to internal accounting controls environment across a global business environment;
- in a leadership role as to acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition integration including monitoring progress towards targeted synergies and cost savings;
- Reports to the CFO and presents to the audit committee and the board.
- Direct Reports to CAO:
- Global accounting team including manufacturing plant accounting directors and domestic and international accounting managers.
- CPA license and MS in Accounting or MBA strongly preferred.
Primary Ongoing Functions and Skillsets:
- Partners with the CFO to lead the company-wide development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, financial strategy, linked metrics and procedures concerning financial and operational management including budgeting, accounting, business and cash forecasting and FP&A.
- Responsible for leading the global financial reporting and tax compliance reporting functions, striving to deliver best-in-class processes and continued focus on accuracy and timeliness.
- Evaluate all significant accounting transactions, research and implementation of relevant technical accounting memos and maintain expert knowledge in existing and emerging accounting issues and regulations.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual external financial reports, including segment information, footnotes and management's discussion and analysis.
- Maintain an effective system of internal controls that ensures efficient operations and instill best practices as to global accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor and enhance formal processes to ensure that appropriate evidential support is maintained to support all financial disclosures.
- Ensure compliance with and timely implementation of all new accounting standards and other guidance promulgated by the SEC, FASB and other regulatory agencies
- Sustain the credibility of the accounting team by hiring and developing talented members that can meet the needs of today and the future.
- Global responsibility for FP&A, general accounting, A/R, A/P, inventory, cost accounting, cash flow, strategic forecasting and budgeting planning.
- Implement corporate policies for FOREX Hedging, inter-company transactions, account reconciliation and proper capitalization procedures.
- Work closely with the CFO, CEO, and executive management on strategic, operational and governance matters.
- Responsible for managing external and internal audits and governance and compliance matters with the Audit Committee.
- Interpretation, communication and implementation of new accounting policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Assist CFO with initiating and optimizing appropriate strategies to enhance cash flow, working capital and liquidity in a levered environment.
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions and accounting data and ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Responsible for Monthly Business Review package and ownership and delivery of review to BOD and Management team members.
Quality Management and Improvement
- Proactively focuses on continuous improvement in accuracy and timeliness of ongoing financial and operational reporting, and accounting processes.
Strategic and Analytical
- Displays orientation to profitability and aligns finance and accounting with strategic goals.
- Analytical abilities and solid communication skills as to what is driving the results.
- Partner with CFO to provide management team with business forecasts that convey timely insights as to prospective profit impacts of changes in selling prices/volumes and/or cost reductions as needed and as market conditions dictate that enable better management decision making.
- Develop and manage processes and systems to provide management team with timely financial and operational information concerning company performance compared to strategic/operation plan and make actionable strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Ability to build solid working relationships across the organization.
IT and Technology
- Proficiency with ERP systems and can leverage IT to gain competitive efficiencies.
- Serve as Steering Committee Member for SAP implementation including SAP Finance and Controlling (FICO) information systems.
- High proficiency with Excel and proficiency with all MS Office applications.
Other Functions and Useful Skillsets
- Understanding of quality initiatives such as six sigma, lean or similar concepts.
- Risk management including appropriate tax, insurance and legal aspects/strategies to preserve and enhance company assets and growth plans.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Strong Leadership: A Proactive and Passionate Advocate for the Business.
- Exceptional Technical Skills Tailored to the Business.
- Sense of Urgency: “All Hands On Deck”.
- A Proactive Partner with leadership and management team.
- Ownership of and passion for the numbers and competence around diving into the details (when appropriate).
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Creates a sense of team spirit and helps to create a positive work environment.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational core values. Follows through on commitments.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills: Speaks/writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Actively participates in meetings. Presents himself/herself in a well-groomed professional manner.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for proving work and develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong organizational skills: versatile and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Strong work-ethic, detail-driven and a commitment to doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrates exceptional follow through.
- Expectations of 20% travel to company locations (including international), board meetings, etc.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Steve Garland at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1205 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.