Job #1202: Assistant Controller - New York, NY (7-31-19)
Job TitleAssistant Controller
The McKissack Group Inc. is seeking a reliable Assistant Controller to assist in preparing monthly and annual financial statements. Strong analytical, technology, communication and organizational skills with at least five years of experience in accounting is required. Public accounting experience is highly valued.
Corporate Financial Accountability
- Be diligent in making sure McKissack is paid in a timely manner
- Being forward thinking about reducing corporate expenses
- Must manage financial aspects with all pertaining clients
- Being aware of all financial aspect of contractual agreements between McKissack and clients
- Being innovative on upholding set budgets and maintaining well below budgets
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- Managing journal entries, invoices etc. and reconciling accounts for monthly and annual closings
- Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) Analyzing and reporting cost variances
- Participating in preparation for the annual audit
- Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments
- Utilizing accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working knowledge of Sage and Procore systems a plus
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA) is a plus
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Tamara Aristilde at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1202 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.