Job #1199: Director of SEC Reporting - Hollywood, FL (7-29-19)
- Job Title: Director of SEC Reporting
- Location: Florida
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Online retailer is seeking a Director of SEC Reporting in South Florida. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly (10-Q) and annual (10-K) reports including financial statements and related disclosures that comply with SEC and FASB rules and regulations and GAAP guidelines. Would also play a key role in other SEC materials, including, but not limited to 8-Ks and Proxy statements.
- Accurate and timely financial reporting including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, quarterly and annual external and internal audits and reviews and annual budgets.
- Ad-hoc financial reporting requests from executive management and other key stakeholders.
- Liaise with both external and internal auditors to provide information and resolve issues.
- Assist in the evaluation, design, and implementation of internal controls around the financial reporting process.
- Liaise with Finance, internal legal counsel and other departments to gather the necessary information for purposes of SEC reporting.
- Assist in researching, analyzing and documenting accounting issues such as revenue recognition (ASC 606), share-based compensation, VIE and consolidation accounting, lease accounting (ASC 842), valuation and impairment, financial instruments.
- Play a key role in providing day-to-day accounting guidance for one-off accounting and financial reporting issues company wide.
- Evaluating and analyzing emerging accounting and reporting standards from the FASB, EITF, SEC, AICPA, and other standard setters, including planning and assisting in directing the implementation of new accounting and reporting activities as necessary.
- Financial reporting experience with large, publicly traded company, and a market cap of $3B plus
- CPA & Masters
- Strong and extensive SEC reporting and US GAAP
- SOX and Internal Controls experience
- Minimum 9 years of experience (with 3 years being in SEC Reporting).
Interested candidates should send resumes to Cristina Nutter at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1199 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.