Job #1195: Chief Financial Officer - Cherry Hill, NJ (7-26-19)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
- Maximizes the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
- Provides leadership and direction of the organization's financial operations, including strategic planning, analysis, reporting, and collections.
- Responsibilities include all aspects of company finance including planning, budgeting, monitoring and all reporting in guiding management to stated objectives.
- Manages staff to ensure constant strategic review and hands-on financial controls.
- Plans capital structure, direct treasury functions and manages audit & other regulatory and compliance programs.
- Develops and implements information and financial system strategies and objectives to meet company needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Organizational Strategic Planning:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organizations fiscal function.
- Participate in the development of the organizations plans and programs.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory interaction.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; ie, evaluation of potential acquisitions and/or mergers and/or private equity investors.
- Develops strategic plans identifying Information Technology applications to support business plans or create new strategic options.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, and with raising capital for growth and expansion, if needed.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports that will assist the co-CEOs and other senior managers in managing their responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the company.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data.
- Arranges for audits as required and appropriate.
- Continual improvement of the timeliness and accuracy of the company’s cash flow and management of the billing process (A/R)
- Evaluation of the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Competence in billing, general ledger software, Excel spreadsheets and overall general knowledge of system databases and master files.
- Responsible for capital planning and expenditures.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor to people in financial issues.
- Perform all functions of personnel management of department employees.
- Hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- May be asked to be responsible for management of the Company in the absence of the CEOs.
- Represent the company at various community activities. Meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community.
- Develop internal and external communications and reports as needed.
- Responsible for management of all real estate properties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Interpersonal skills are required to deal with personnel situations. The need to persuade and sell in the liaison role with top management calls for a high degree of human relations skills.
- Considerable management skills are required to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the information systems technology subjects and extensive knowledge of hardware and software, with the ability to keep abreast of new technologies.
- An experienced leader and financial executive with services industry experience, debt collection company experience is a plus.
- An energetic, "straight shooter" with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- A well organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy", "street smart" and a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- An excellent negotiator.
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters’ degree (MA) or equivalent preferred; 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience which may include:
- Major accounting firm experience CPA desirable.
- Audit function or interim business management experience.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Jeff Freedman at Jeff@mrsassociates.com and Saul Freedman at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1195 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.