Job #1191: Chief Financial Officer - Atlanta, GA (7-23-19)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryDependent Upon Experience
Company is a growing multifaceted health care company currently made up of several operating entities in and around the Atlanta, GA area.
As leaders in different areas of the personal health care space, these parts make up an evolving health care ecosystem that is changing the way health care is provided in the Atlanta area and beyond.
Founded in 2014, the company ecosystem today employs over 500 individuals in two states, with total revenues well in excess of $150 million annually and growing rapidly. These health care operations all share an entrepreneurial spirit and have taken to serving underserved locations where overhead is lower and demand is higher – this has been a formula for aggressive growth. Growing rapidly, with little debt and investments funded from operating capital and consistent EBITDA growth, the company has reached a scale where the next level of professional financial management is needed at the core company level to complement the financial management of each of the operating units, but to also see the bigger picture and explore additional opportunities. Currently, the company revenue is $150M+ and has EBITDA of $30M.
StevenDouglas has been exclusively retained to find an experienced Chief Financial Officer who will fit the “get-it-done” culture that is the cornerstone of this exceptional entity. Given its consistent successes, significant growth and ambitious plans, our client needs to add a new CFO to build upon a small existing management team. In particular, this executive position will focus on:
- Understanding risks, rewards and choices as the CEO examines growth alternatives that include opening facilities in new geographies and potentially acquiring companies and physician practices to extend the geographic footprint and build out the LifeBrite “ecosystem.”
- Supporting the management team around strategic decisions with facts, data and a deep understanding of alternatives.
- Ongoing capital management – helping the company to manage cash (and debt, if/when needed) that will support continued growth and expansion. The CFO will also explore the potential for investors and will lead the process of securing equity investors if this approach is pursued.
- Implementing finance systems, policies and procedures that enable effective and efficient financial management and business modeling with the Controller and accounting team, the COO/operations and the CEO.
- Managing effective margins in all businesses, and providing input on where margins can be improved as well as identifying how to do so.
- Bringing a fresh and productive outside-in perspective to the management team and actively participating in growth conversations that propel this company to the next level.
- Extending the entrepreneurial culture with the right forward-thinking yet detail oriented get-it-done mentality.
This is what drives the creation of this new position. This will be a challenging job for the right person – but the individual growth potential will be remarkable and the rewards will be real. This can and should be a long term, career changing opportunity to partner in future growth with the CEO and COO and expand this role as both the CFO and trusted advisor.
Our client seeks a multifaceted individual to manage accounting and finance functions in the different entities, understanding performance at each alongside of risk as well as putting them all together to create a single consolidated picture. This new leader will forge a finance organization that is a central part of (and provider of information to) the management team/owners of this rapidly growing company. That accounting/finance team needs to be developed – the CFO will need to learn the organization and then create a game plan for adding headcount and capabilities to enable future growth.
The CFO will report to the CEO and will participate as a member of the senior management team of the corporate entity – contributing to the ongoing strategy refinement of each operating unit as they grow and evolve. Our search is for that unique, entrepreneurial, finance and accounting leader/individual with a hands-on approach and a demonstrable balance of:
- Financial leadership with a consistently growing health care type company. A strong experience set from the healthcare “space” with an understanding of rates, private insurance and cash flow issues with them, Medicare and government payment processes and how to plan on all of the above.
- Accounting management with the ability to manage what is seen currently as a strong Controller lead accounting team.
- Finance, budgeting and forecasting along with a risk management perspective.
- Planning/modeling (and the matching computing skills).
- Development and improvement of processes that make sense, including the development of a management dashboard to include KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) that provide the CEO with the information needed and the ability to model new questions/projects as they arise.
- While the implementation of the “next level” accounting and finance technology/system has already begun (migrating to Sage/Intacct), there will continue to be the need to make decisions, build a budget (and work with department leaders to make those budgets “living documents”) and captain the implementation of these systems over the next few years.
- Strong relationship building/management and communication skills.
- Willingness to relocate to Atlanta area (relocation package will be included in the offer).
The company is seeking a rising star CFO who can lead finance/reporting, accounting and accounting process (expense, revenue, billing, collections, payables, payroll, and taxes) management – working closely to guide and develop the Controller and Assistant Controller and the accounting teams in the operating units while supporting the CEO and COO to help accelerate growth.
Interested candidates should send resume to Don Zinn at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1191 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.