Job #1187: Vice President of Accounting (Temporary)- New York, NY (7-11-19)
- Job Title: Vice President of Accounting (Temporary)
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
This temporary position will provide various support to the VP of Accounting Operations/CFO and finance team and will have responsibility for various month end close activities and lead several accounting and inventory reporting/process projects while the current VP of Accounting Operations covers a maternity leave and assists with the annual budget preparation. He/She will promote maximum fiscal responsibility, safeguard the Company’s assets and ensure compliance with established accounting standards and internal controls.
- Support a team of ~10 in general ledger and inventory accounting functions
- Assist in the monthly close responsibilities (approving entries, analyzing results, oversee deadlines, etc.)
- Oversee monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all account reconciliations are current; step in where necessary to approve and if necessary prepare more complex reconciliations
- Support the VP in leading and supporting several critical inventory process improvement areas (in-transit analysis/reporting, sub-ledger reconciliations); directing and working with team members, collaborating with IT and to identify root cause for differences, and making process change recommendations to address areas of weakness
- Assist the inventory accounting staff develop standard reporting that could be generated systemically/efficiently and can be leveraged across the Company providing necessary assurance that all balances are fully reconciled and supported by detail sub-ledgers
- Manage and ensure accuracy of inventory reporting and related controls
- Experience with foreign entity exchange rates, revaluation and translation of foreign entities to consolidated USD financials
- Develop the team where possible to drive process efficiencies through systems leverage
Job Qualifications and Education:
- 4+ years of public auditing experience required
- 5+ years of Controller related experience required, with specific focus on inventory accounting and controls
- Retail and Oracle experience a strong plus
- Collaborative team player with a hands-on approach; a roll-up-the-sleeves mentality.
- Ability to motivate team.
- Excellent proficiency with technology, specifically Microsoft Office, Oracle, ERP and Financial reporting Systems.
- BS in Accounting required
- CPA required
- MBA or CMA also preferred
Interested candidates should send resumes to Ed Burke at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1187 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.