Job #1185: Production Controller - Portsmouth, RI (6-28-19)
- Job Title: Production Controller
- Location: Rhode Island
- Salary: Open
Established manufacturing company has an immediate opening for an experienced Controller to manage the Production accounting functions.
The position works with the Plant Management team to support operational initiatives that improve profitability and support corporate financial goals. Additionally, this role is responsible for budgeting and forecasting results, reporting actual results, variance analysis, and managing financial controls.
The candidate must have at least seven years of experience in a Manufacturing environment with solid cost accounting experience.
- Working with Production team to maintain accurate estimates of Direct Labor and Material
- Weekly reporting of Material and Labor variances
- Ownership of the monthly financial close process for the Manufacturing division
- Completing all month-end account reconciliations and resolving variances
- Balance sheet reconciliation as part of the month-end review process
- Monthly reporting of P&L results to Corporate that includes bridge analysis for variance review
- P&L forecasting process on a monthly basis
- Work with Purchasing to identify and correct pricing variances along with efforts to reduce inventory
- Responsible for assisting with reporting of production data such as labor hours and headcount plans
- Support stockroom to manage Inventory and ensure controls are in place for material movement
- Work with Engineering on pricing and BOM processes
- Capital spending ROI and tracking analysis
- Work with Corporate Controller on audit and tax projects
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, minimum 7 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Experience with Syteline Accounting System a plus or similar ERP system experience
- Must be well organized and able to work both independently and as a team member
- Experience supporting and regular interaction with various levels of management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Interested candidates should send resumes to Donna McGinn at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1185 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.