Job #1184: Vice President of Business Development - Modesto, CA (6-28-19)
Job TitleVice President of Business Development
Golden Bear Physical Therapy (“Golden Bear”) is seeking a Vice President of Business Development to join the corporate executive team based in Modesto, CA. The Company is pursuing a strategy to grow via both add-on acquisitions and de novo openings throughout the West Coast.
The VP of Business Development will be responsible for leading and executing the Company’s add-on growth strategy and de novo processes. The individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining a robust pipeline of add-on acquisition targets, financial analytics and modeling, negotiating letters of intent with target companies, leading transaction diligence and negotiating deal documents. Additionally, the VP of BD will be involved in site selection for de novo clinics, as well as management of the buildouts and eventual openings. The VP of Business Development will also be involved with supporting post-close integration of new acquisitions, organic growth initiatives and strategic direction. This position will report directly to the CEO and has a high level of visibility and interaction with Shore Capital Partners (“SCP”) and the Board of Directors.
About Golden Bear Physical Therapy:
Golden Bear is a leading provider of outpatient physical therapy services on the West Coast. Golden Bear promotes healing and aims to improve patients’ function, mobility, prevent disability, and increase strength. In addition to traditional physical therapy services, Golden Bear also provides aquatic therapy and anti-gravity treadmill training.
About Shore Capital Partners:
SCP is a leading lower middle-market healthcare focused private equity fund based in Chicago. SCP proactively seeks to identify attractive industry niches within healthcare, recruit best-in-class board members and invest in companies poised for transformational growth and deliver post-investment services to increase value. SCP has more than $1 billion in assets under management which has resulted in 20+ platform investments, 130+ add-on investments, 75+ de novo openings and 6 exits. Shore’s exits have yielded a multiple of invested capital of 5.6x and an internal rate of return of 98% on average.
Shore Team Members:
- Mike Cooper, Partner
- Rory Kenny, Vice President
- Alex Ryan, Resource Team Associate
- Colin North, Analyst
- Lead the sourcing of acquisitions through existing clinician relationships, proactive outreach, and brokers; prioritization through quantitative and qualitative scoring criteria; and efficient execution of add-on acquisition transactions
- Lead and perform deal-related analysis, including financial modeling, due diligence and negotiations
- Manage financial due diligence and deal structuring/negotiations for physical therapy acquisitions; work with legal counsel and lenders, as required
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of acquisition targets through personal networking and leveraging the relationships of the clinicians, executive team, Board of Directors, Golden Bear, and SCP
- Manage the de novo selection, build, and open process; manage the internal de novo pipeline and project management tools including Salesforce administration
- Manage and continually refine the de novo market selection model
- Manage third party real estate partners to successfully source, secure, and develop new physical therapy sites
- Serve as a key member of the executive team that sets the Company’s strategic direction
- Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence. Maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
- Actively prepare for and participate in quarterly Board of Director's meetings by providing key business development updates to the Board
- Through personal example, establish the style and approach which will characterize the company’s dealings with the marketplace.
This is an excellent position for an individual with at least two or three years of deal execution experience within a private equity firm who has broader corporate development and management aspirations. The successful candidate will be motivated to help execute the investment thesis of a high-growth company and possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of total work experience, including 2-3 years of private equity deal experience
- Ability to lead a deal process from initial screening of the opportunity to close of a transaction
- Ability to run a de novo process from start to finish
- BA/BS degree in Economics or a business-related major
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to board or other outside partners
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, and will include an attractive base salary, annual bonus opportunity, equity options and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Mike Cooper at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1184 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.