Job #1183: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis - Florham Park, NJ (6-25-19)
- Job Title: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: Open
Managed Health Care Associates, Inc. (MHA) is a leading health care services and technology company focused on the alternate site, or post-acute care, healthcare provider. MHA provides expertise in Group Purchasing (GPO), Managed Care and Payer Contracting, Reimbursement Management, Specialty Pharmacy Solutions, Pharmaceutical Data Analytics, Consultant Pharmacy Software and Legislative Advocacy services to its members. Through the delivery of innovative health care services and solutions, MHA helps its members increase operational efficiency, maximize business growth and provide optimum care for their patients.
Founded in 1989, MHA was purchased by Roper Technologies, Inc. in mid-2013. Roper Technologies is a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and the Russell 1000 indices. Roper designs and develops software (both software-as-a-service and licensed), and engineered products and solutions for healthcare, transportation, food, energy, water, education and academic research markets worldwide. To learn more please visit www.mhainc.com
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Director, FP&A) will build and lead a team to provide best-in-class financial analysis and support for the organization's annual budget. Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Finance, the Director FP&A will help build out and supervise a team of finance professionals to partner with operational and programmatic departments, delivering impactful financial analysis to drive insightful strategy and decision making across the organization. As the leader of the FP&A team, the Director, FP&A will position the team as key financial advisors to programmatic and operational leaders and their staffs, providing critical financial analysis and planning, financial education, and strategic support. The Director and FP&A team will be responsible for supporting departments and team members with respect to budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, analysis, growth planning, and mission critical projects. As a leader within the finance team, the Director, FP&A will assist in developing and implementing the infrastructure/systems needed to support current and future growth and to enable data-driven decision-making at all levels.
As a key member of the finance leadership team, the Director FP&A will approach problems with an analytical framework and the determination to solve problems. The Director will be an effective communicator with the ability to distill complex findings into simple, concise recommendations. The Director, FP&A will present financial information to the Sr. Leadership Team and will work closely with the business unit leadership team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Management of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across the organization and drive the FP&A function as a proven center of excellence to support financial discipline and data based decision making
- Establish effective partnerships with business unit leaders and finance peers
- Lead the annual operating budget process, track and report on performance relative to plan, and manage ongoing rolling forecast updates
- Build and iterate on complex financial models covering all aspects of the MHA's operations to enable effective decision making regarding growth strategy, cost structure, and capital expenditures
- Own all aspects of management reporting; maintain and enhance internal financial reporting processes, serving as a thought leader to upgrade reporting standards
- Establish, track, and monitor key operating metrics used to drive the organization to greater efficiency
- Create ad-hoc analyses to drive organizational strategy, improve efficiency, and maximize impact
- Help drive finance discipline, fact-based decision-making, and financial visibility
- Streamline and improve financial systems in processes in service of efficiency and cross-functional collaboration
- Hire, develop, mentor and train team members to achieve individual and organizational goals; build a team that provides exceptional service and support
- Manage the financial planning and analysis, helping to ensure that individual goals are aligned to the department's key results
- Assist the EVP, Finance on the organization's financial and administrative processes with an eye to continuously developing and improving processes and systems Organizational Leadership
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for MHA's senior leadership team.
- Partner with the EVP, Finance and senior leadership to build out and integrate the FP&A function within the organization
- Work closely with program leaders and their staff to educate them regarding financial planning and analysis and explore how the FP&A function can support program operations
- Highly analytical and adept at processing and breaking down data into actionable information.
- Thrives in fast-changing environments, and is willing to take educated risks and to consider and solicit new and untested approaches.
- A team player, willing to help out in areas outside of direct responsibility; orientation that success of company will generate success for the individual.
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal mediums; anticipates needs of the audience and tailors communications appropriately; ability to synthesize complex concepts.
- Ability to synthesize complex information
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; demonstrates a strong desire to win.
- Operates with a high degree of intellectual curiosity; he/she pushes out of their individual comfort zone to learn and grow.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; additionally, broad and diverse knowledge and perspective outside of the company.
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business related field required; accounting or finance degrees preferred
- At least 10+ years of professional experience, with significant experience in finance and strategic analysis
- Experience managing an FP&A function within a large and complex organization (> $100 million in revenues)
- Highly proficient in financial analysis and model building
- Experience developing and leading annual budgeting processes with multiple stakeholders in large and complex organizations
- Proven track record of implementing or improving financial reporting systems
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Highly flexible and adaptable, with operational growth, particularly with technology and systems
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with a strong customer service orientation
- Excellent track record of leading, managing, and developing high-performing teams
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills, and experience providing leadership with process improvements and streamlining financial operations
- Proficiency/comfort with Excel and financial solutions (ERP, G/L, Analytics Platforms) such as Sage300, Hyperion, and Adaptive Insights.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Nick Malefyt at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1183 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.