Job #1182: Controller/Assistant Controller - New York, NY (6-24-19)
- Job Title: Controller/Assistant Controller
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience and a CPA designation. This position will be involved with every aspect of accounting for a firm which has numerous funds and entities and will oversee accounting department staff, third party accounting providers and tax accountants. This position works closely with operations, legal, asset management and the managing partners. Working remotely is an option however, it is expected that 2 to 3 days a week would be required in the New York City office.
Specific tasks will include execution and supervision of daily accounting function for numerous entities:
- General Ledger – maintain and reconcile for accuracy
- A/P and A/R – oversee staff, providing support and direction as necessary
- Daily Wires – review all incoming and outgoing wires, ensure posting to correct accounts. Initiate wires confirming necessary executed documentation is in place and request release
- Maintain cash management procedures as per firm policies
- Review third party accounting firm work including investor capital account balances, distribution calculations and participation distributions as well as monthly financial reports.
- Preparation of financial reports and issuance of in-house financial reports
- Liaison for auditors with regard to annual audits of numerous entities financial statements
- Year end tax compliance reporting including 1099’s and K-1’s as well as oversight of external tax preparers in order to file returns
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Advance accounting skills with focus in real estate
- CPA designation
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Yardi and Excel
- Demonstrated quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks under deadlines
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including generous Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance as well as vacation and 401K
Interested candidates should send resumes to Bethany Roma at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1182 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.