Job #1180: Senior Director, Indirect Procurement - Whippany, NJ (6-25-19)
Job TitleSenior Director, Indirect Procurement
ConnectiveRx is a leading, technology-enabled healthcare services company. We work strategically with hundreds of biopharmaceutical manufacturers to help commercialize and maximize the benefits of specialty and branded medications. Our mission is to simplify how patients get on and stay on therapy. We fulfill our mission by providing our customers with innovative services such as patient and provider messaging, the design and operation of copay, vouchers and patient affordability programs, and hub services, all of which accelerate speed-to-therapy and help improve outcomes for manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients.ConnectiveRx was formed in 2015 by bringing together the industry-leading business of PSKW, PDR/LDM, Careform (2017) and The Macaluso Group (2018) to advance our technology-driven expertise in providing state-of-the-art commercialization solutions. To learn more about our company, visit ConnectiveRx.com
ConnectiveRx is looking to hire a Director, Indirect Procurement to start up, build and manage a highly scalable system of Procurement processes and tools. This role will report directly to the CFO, collaborating with Key Business Leaders across ConnectiveRx while defining and scaling our company wide Procurement function. The Senior Director will make a material impact through owning and driving operational efficiencies by tracking, reporting, prioritizing and measuring vendor contracts, spending, savings and deliverables.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the person who desires to build an operational system and “program” from the ground up that includes:
- Researching and recommending tools and applications.
- Implementing tools and processes to manage the full procurement cycle for vendor contracts and decisions from cradle to grave.
- Owning the internal tracking, communications and setting of expectations around deliverables and results.
With ConnectiveRx’s growth, diverse portfolio of vendors and level of spending across multiple departments, this role will be highly visible and impactful on the business.
With an emphasis on Information Technology and Facilities, build scalable processes and infrastructure for ConnectiveRx’s end to end procurement system, encompassing:
- Vendors are evaluated and approved.
- Contracts are initiated, tracked, negotiated, approved, signed and e-filed.
- Information is communicated and SLAs established around contract stage, progress, deliverables and timing.
- Contract renewals and terminations are tracked, managed and decided upon.
- Vendor purchase orders are generated, and invoices paid.
- Spend, savings, operational efficiency and other procurement related benchmarks are measured and communicated.
- Coordinate, track and communicate readiness/risks of all strategic vendor contracts across functional groups for Information Technology including Software Engineering, Application Development and Infrastructure as well as Advanced Analytics, Customer Success, Finance, HR, Legal, Marketing, Product Management, Operations and Facilities.
- These contracts focus on indirect Software and Services.
- Review current spend and prioritize focus on categories with greatest opportunity (financial and/or operational).
- Work with appropriate operations and legal personnel to design processes that allow for upfront evaluation of new services/vendors.
- Implement solutions to automate workflow and tracking of key vendor agreements to improve visibility and oversight.
- Coordinate with CRx Quality team to include vendor risk assessment in vendor selection/on boarding process.
- Partner with accounting organization to select & implement appropriate purchase order process to eliminate rogue spend.
- Develop procurement dashboard to report on achieved cost savings, status of strategic initiatives, and other areas of relevance.
For Business Owners, Legal and other Key Stakeholders:
- Establish and drive regular review meetings and follow-up.
- Set proper expectations on deliverables and timing.
- Manage Procurement communications throughout ConnectiveRx.
- Escalate issues and present mitigation/solutions to Functional Management and the CFO.
- Measure and communicate results.
- Research, influence, document & help deploy specific tools and processes to enable the above.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement around vendor engagement, internal collaboration, processes, tools and measurement.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 8+ years of experience in Indirect Procurement, Product/Program Management and/or Legal Operations. Preferably with both start-up and growing midsized service company experience.
- BS/BA Degree; Engineering degree and/or MBA a plus.
- Strong understanding of procurement industry tools, processes and practices.
- Proven leader with hands on approach; self-motivated and proactive with ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Ability to drive solutions across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Ability to consolidate extensive cross-functional data into concise executive briefings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to management.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Direct but civil temperament and presence that inspires confidence in others.
- Start-up mentality: creative, fearless and constantly striving to be best-in-class.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Brian Petroski at: Brian.Petroski@connectiverx.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1180 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.