Job #1178: Vice President of Operations - Fort Lauderdale, FL (6-19-19)
Job TitleVice President of Operations
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
The Vice President of Finance & Operations is responsible for ensuring that the organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment by being an agent for ongoing organizational change via assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating and leading all operational and financial elements of the organization in order for continuous effect performance. The ideal professional for this position ensures that strategies are clearly understood and that the organization is achieving its strategic, financial and contractual goals, and at an optimum pace and level.
The Vice President of Finance & Operations will be responsible for a variety of significant activities including internal operations, oversight of two regions (Broward County & Miami Dade County with the possibility of rolling out Palm Beach in the future), for Program and facilities operations, human resources, Fiscal operations and site expansion, IT and organization’s Social Enterprise Cooperation. S/he will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to strengthen organization’s fiscal and administrative functions in order to further position the organization for continued success.
In conjunction with the President/CEO, this position acts as a representative and ambassador to promote positive relationships and strong partnerships internally and externally, for the benefit of the organization.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred; a minimum of 15 years of professional experience in an Executive management/leadership role, ideally in a rapidly evolving institution and preferably in Human services and or Workforce Development organization/s. Experience in other sectors will be considered on a case by case basis at the sole discretion of the CEO.
- Highly organized, with the ability to wear multiple hats in a fast-moving environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity. A solutions oriented professional with a “can do attitude”. A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization.
- Thorough understanding of project management, talent acquisition and development in driving outcomes.
- A consummate team player with a creative and strategic approach to providing leadership to non- financial staff members; with uncompromising integrity. Strong ability to develop, lead, teach and manage budgets.
- Excellent communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of knowledge and understanding finance in the Human services-Not for profit and for profit realm, Fiscal regulations at State and Federal levels, GAAP, efficient operations, connecting programs to funding and building strategic partnerships.
- The ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals. Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- A solution orientated leader, with a can do attitude who is able to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations in order to execute organizations’ mission, vision and objectives.
- Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Proven leadership and consensus building skills. Solid and broad understanding of all aspects of fiscal management and information technology. Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to produce and decipher complex written reports.
- Ability to lead and or assist in the writing and review of new and renewal of Federal, State and local grants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position works closely with the President/CEO, Board of Directors, Committees of the Board and senior staff to assess, revise, development, implement and evaluate overall organizational policies, priorities, systems and its associated endeavors and businesses. Leads and develops senior staff to develop long- term goals, policies and strategies to ensure successful operations, programming, fund-raising and community initiatives. Considers and analyses the implications of proposed actions and decisions by individual areas on the whole of the organization.
Leadership oversight responsibilities
The Vice President Finance & Operations shall oversee all fiscal elements of the organization and its associated entities; providing assurance of efficiencies, compliance and performance of ALL contractual agreements with funding entities, sub-contractors and otherwise. This position assures compliance of all federal, State and local laws related to all elements of the organization. Additionally, this position shall provide Executive leadership of all Human Resources and Administrative functions of the organization, assuring effective and efficient execution.
- Facilitates the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans.
- Responsible for preparing the organization for ongoing change along with the President/CEO and Board of Directors.
- Ensures clarity, understanding, and commitment successful execution of organization’s endeavors from all stakeholders.
- Responsible for the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned departmental work plans.
- Responsible for the development of annual revenue targets along with President/CEO.
- Responsible for the development and management of the annual operating and capital budgets along with CEO and Senior Management team.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Jay Reynolds at: Jay@WCCStaffing.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1178 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.