Job #1177: Finance Director/Controller - New York, NY (6-19-19)
- Job Title: Finance Director/Controller
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
About KBB Partners:
KBB Partners is a tech-enabled, data driven sourcing and shared corporate services platform that provides analytics, benchmarking, and integrated leveraged purchasing to 40+ of the most prestigious financial and professional services firms in the world. While we focus on travel, information services, and insurance, our growth objectives are influenced by the expressed goals of our member clients.
KBB Partners is seeking a Finance Director or Controller to professionalize its financial operations following the firm’s first round of financing. KBB enjoys a five-year history of fast and profitable growth, a world-class client base, and a recurring revenue business model. We are poised for accelerated growth and will be offering additional products to our clients in the next six to twelve months.
The position requires the ability to handle all tasks, strategic and menial, while assuming ownership of the finance function. This role will include developing foundational corporate infrastructure, daily bookkeeping, managing A/R, A/P, and online banking, establishing processes and producing standard and ad-hoc reporting, budgeting and planning. This is a chef, cook, and bottle-washer position for the time being; as we grow, you should expect we will flesh out the finance operation with concomitant support personnel. KBB uses QuickBooks as its primary accounting software.
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable, accounts payable, bookkeeping, and online banking
- Develop and execute cash management strategy
- Support CEO and management team with annual operating plans, quarterly budgets, and requested reporting
- Write quarterly MD&A for investor communications
- Develop foundational infrastructure and document processes in assuming ownership of the firm’s Finance function
- Coordinate with technology team to implement automated invoicing and subscription management infrastructure through KBB platform and/or Stripe
- Liaise with auditing firm, as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- 5 - 10+ years of experience in an accounting or finance role, prefer CPA
- Data manipulation, formatting, and analytical skills to create investor-facing work in Excel and PowerPoint
- Consistent and impeccable attention to detail
- Effective and collaborative verbal and written communication
- Responsiveness and ability to proactively, independently, and consistently drive projects forward
Who Will Love This Job
- A team player: you know when to collaborate and when to execute independently
- A problem solver: you ask the right questions and drive towards solutions with exceptional attention to detail
- A builder: you will develop our infrastructure, playbook, and processes to support our growth
- Competitive compensation with upside potential
- Ground floor opportunity work with an exceptional management team and investor base
- Exposure to business leaders across finance, law, consulting, and technology
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Great work/life balance, including flexible vacation policy and work-from-home Fridays
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1177 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.