Job #1170: Controller - White Haven, PA (6-5-19)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Salary: Dependent upon Experience
Manage finance and accounting functions providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. Will be supervising one accounting clerk and working closely with Purchasing Manager.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Advise Management and Ownership of all financial anomalies and exceptions that are identified.
- Oversee management of all accounts payable activities and advise ownership on payables due each week and process vendor payables and remit approved payments via check, ACH, or wire once approved.
- Build and maintain working relationships with our customer’s A/P departments to ensure effective communication.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Packaging and Logistics to ensure timeliness and accuracy of customer invoicing.
- Work closely with E & I Director to account for daily production and ensure the production is accounted for in QuickBooks (“QB”) file via the inventory assembly build process.
- Work with Purchasing Specialist to ensure Purchase Orders are created for all vendor purchases and issued to vendors in a timely manner.
Quality & Financial
- Responsible for the activities of the accounting department and for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Responsible for accounts receivable. Ensures the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Respond to Corporate CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Responsible for oversight of all company financial activity and its timely and accurate entry into each QuickBooks company file.
- Ensure all company bank account activities are reviewed daily and reconciled monthly.
- Ensure all vendor files, bill entries and payments are correctly associated with the proper cost accounts.
- Oversee and manage all activities of accounts receivable ensuring all payments are applied properly to open invoices and ensure customer payments are being made within the allotted terms.
- Ensure all debit card and cash transactions authorized and are reconciled and correctly entered in QuickBooks company file in a timely manner to support real time accuracy of all cash accounts.
- Review and approve all customer credits, issue credit memos and ensure they are properly applied in QuickBooks file.
- Create and modify finished goods inventory assemblies ensuring the accuracy of each assembly so that our physical inventory parts are properly consumed into COGS.
- Organize the chart of accounts in each company file ensuring the accounts accurately reflect each company’s structure. This will provide transparency on the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Create all new inventory, non-inventory and fixed assets items ensuring the COGS, Income and Asset accounts associated with each item are correct.
- Identify and research cost reduction opportunities across all company expenses.
- Perform other duties outlined by management including assisting in budgeting, weekly reporting and all other related requests.
People & Development
- Assign QuickBooks roles to active users and ensure financial controls cannot be disrupted by any users.
- Process all expense reimbursements in a timely manner once approved.
- Continue ongoing education and training of QuickBooks with the active users that have limited experience with this software program.
- Works with Corporate and/or outside accounting firms to assure accurate and timely completion of all tax returns.
- Ensure all expenses are scrutinized and categorized correctly.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Ability to pass State and Federal background checks.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 5 years accounting and finance experience.
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- QuickBooks Experience required.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- All candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work a fully flexible work schedule to include nights and weekends to meet fluctuating business demands
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required and includes all other duties as assigned by management.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Virginia Otis at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1170 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.