Job #1168: Financial Director - Stamford, CT (6-4-19)
- Job Title: Financial Director
- Location: Connecticut
- Salary: Open
There are a hundred and one ways to pay someone you know – but how do you pay someone you don’t know? That’s where Shieldpay comes in. At Shieldpay, we’re created a secure way to pay anyone, anywhere with total confidence.
The patent pending technology protects both buyer and seller in any transaction by verifying the identity of both parties. The money is then held securely in digital escrow – we call it the Shieldpay vault - and only released when both sides agree they’re happy.
Since launching in 2016, Shieldpay has signed a global partnership with Visa, and the product and client base have grown quickly thanks to the hard work of our close-knit team.
What it’s like to work for Shieldpay
Shieldpay has an energetic and passionate team that lives by core values - PRIDE in the work and each other; Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Dependability, Excellence. Shieldpay's mission is to eliminate payment fraud forever and to look after the most important transactions of people’s lives.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Providing strategic on long-term business and financial planning recommendations to the CEO, President, and members of the executive management team.
- Protecting assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximizing return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making sound investments.
- Providing status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, controls expenses effectively, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports.
- Advising management of actions and potential risks.Arranges for audits as required and appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or economics preferred
- An MBA or CPA is also highly desirable
- At least 10 years of experience in the finance industry and experience managing a team favored
- An energetic and creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally who can engage with team at all levels of the organization
- Sself-motivated, results driven and able to prioritize own workloads efficiently; effectively prioritizing projects according to tight deadlines
- Any information you provide is confidential and will only be viewed by our People & Talent Officers in an effort to fill open positions.
- Please note that Shieldpay won’t accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will Shieldpay be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
- The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
- As part of our regulatory requirements, we need to run background checks on all new hires. This may include Criminal and Check checks – please let us know you have any issues with this.
- At Shieldpay, we’re all about creating a diverse and inclusive place to work, so we want to be sure the recruitment process is accessible to everyone. If you need anything throughout the process, we’ll be happy to accommodate you. Maybe you live overseas, and you want to meet us over Skype - just let us know and we’ll make it work.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Carmen Hughes at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1168 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.