Job #1164: Vice President of Finance - Branchburg, NJ (6-4-19)
- Job Title: Vice President of Finance
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: Open
Ultimate responsibility for all finance and accounting functions at Kinedyne North America (US and Canada) and oversight for Sistemas Kinedyne (Mexican sister company) in providing results to Company, Group and ultimate parent company management. Provide financial leadership and input to all of the Company’s significant decisions. Serve as key business partner and a collaborative member of the Executive Team. Manage the effectiveness of Group IT resources to support Kinedyne’s ERP initiatives.
Directly supervise and provide the financial leadership at the US, Canada and Mexico entities and direction to the overall finance and accounting staff. Work very closely and be the Company’s lead in interacting with Group IT management to refine and optimize the effective utilization of the Group’s ERP system and the development of all management reporting necessary to meet all operating and KPI requirements. Lead Company’s relationship with Group legal counsel. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach; assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and evaluate results.
- Responsible for timely and efficient operation of the accounting and finance functions, production of financial reports for all companies and compliance with all established Group and parent company financial deadlines;
- Oversee preparation and review of monthly reporting package and commentary for Monthly Business Review (“MBR”) with Group Management and submitted for the parent company’s monthly Executive Management meeting;
- Lead and coordinate with the rest of the Executive Team the annual five-year strategic planning process and presentation to parent company management and ownership;
- Prepare and oversee annual operational (income statement, balance sheet and cash flows) and capital expenditure budgets;
- Work closely with VP-Operations to determine optimal inventory levels, cost controls, product costing, etc. and VP-Sales and Marketing to improve sales forecasting to enhance supply chain management and to improve working capital management through a Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (“SIOP”) or other similar process;
- Take a proactive role in all company decisions with financial implications;
- Maintain relationships with all parent company functional areas including, but not limited to, accounting, FP&A, tax, treasury, risk management, legal, etc.;
- Maintain and oversee relationship with parent company’s external and internal auditors; responsible for follow-up and execution of all audit findings and recommendations;
- Participate in, contribute and take a leadership role as a member of the Company’s Executive Team;
- Regularly evaluate and recommend a plan for Finance department improvements including, but not limited to, strengthening the business partnership of the Finance department with the rest of the organization to drive continuous improvement and enhanced operational performance throughout the organization;
- Interact with Group CFO and parent company Accounting and Finance departments, as necessary, to comply with their requirements or to accomplish Company’s objectives;
- Lead evaluation and implementation of all consolidation projects and real estate transactions;
- Oversee and manage revisions to standard cost accounting to enable improvement of item and customer profitability as well as manufacturing efficiency; and
- Assist in, where required, evaluation of potential acquisition targets and operational and financial integration of successful acquisitions.
Outstanding leadership qualities and ability to take organization to the next level through the support of the Company’s established Competencies: Leadership, Integrity and Trust; Judgement, Decision Quality and Problem Solving; Quality of Work and Continuous Improvement; Drive for Results and Initiative; Communications and Building Effective Teams; Business Planning and Execution; and Customer Focus. Proven track record of developing and engaging people to achieve superior results. Passionate about coaching and development.
High math, information processing and decision-making ability. Ability to operate and prioritize in a continuously changing environment. High attention to detail yet ability to summarize complex matters to senior management clearly and concisely. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Extensive computer use (sitting, typing, viewing screen). Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Complete understanding of generally accepted accounting principles; strong knowledge and application of cost accounting and standard cost systems. Competent keyboarding and proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Strong experience in implementation and post-implementation optimization of ERP systems (hardware and software) in a manufacturing environment with experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus. For future professional growth and development, mobility is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required, and MBA preferred.
At least 15 years experience in similar positions of increasing responsibility with at least 10 years in a manufacturing environment; international exposure and Spanish language capability a plus. Public accounting experience required, Big 4 experience a plus.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Debbie Meeks at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1164 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.