Job #1159: Chief Financial Officer - New York, NY (5-22-19)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: New York
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Arc Companies are seeking a hands-on, highly motivated Chief Financial Officer for a group focused on opportunistic real estate, tech and venture investing (both early, late and crossover funds to IPO or other exit) and managing investments in liquid and other alternative markets.
The company is in growth mode and values intellectual curiosity, rigorous analysis, creative problem solving, a collaborative spirit, and a willingness to express individual opinions in an effort to provide the best paths forward.
The Arc Companies are searching for a highly motivated, team leader to lead and support all financing activities, departmental budgeting and asset management, as well as supervise treasury and cash management processes.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of tax and general accounting principles in the US, and preferably abroad as well; knowledge of foundation and trust accounting would also be helpful. Also desirable is some exposure to and understanding of real estate, private equity, venture capital, portfolio management, fund administration and/or formation, and start ups (both US and foreign based).
Individuals with backgrounds similar to some of these areas and the drive to assume this position will be considered.
The CFO will both lead the accounting team (3 people currently) as well as play an important role in the other divisions within the Arc Companies.
The role will involve accounting, tax, financial reporting and risk management functions of Arc and several of our affiliates as well as dealing with business plans, banking, capital markets and private market fund formation and administration.
Representative Specific Duties:
- Collaborate on key decisions within all areas of the Group’s activities
- Participate in, review and oversee budgeting and planning with the business units
- Manage financial procedures and controls
- Manage internal and external deadlines for financial, tax and operational reporting
- Prepare capital inflow and outflow projections and cash management analysis
- Manage loan and lease compliance calendars
- Manage annual and periodic insurance review and renewal processes across affiliates
- Collaborate with legal team on risk management activities
- Collaborate with HR on benefit plans
- Provide part time CFO level assistance occasionally for our early stage portfolio companies
- Broad based accounting experience
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Comfort levels with respect to tax based accounting in various real estate related verticals
- Experience in Real estate companies, early and late stage tech and pharma companies, venture, private equity and hedge funds, asset managers, or family offices desirable
- Fund formation and administration
- Knowledge of database management programs, and more complex accounting programs
- Experience with off-site technology systems and cloud providers
- Strong oral and written communication and leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills, including expertise in Quickbooks and the Microsoft Office Suite, with a comfort level in commonly used other programs and an adaptability to learn new programs
Certifications and Education:
- CPA, MBA, CFA or other comparable advanced degrees desirable but not required
Interested candidates should send resumes to Carl Walker at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1159 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.