Job #1137: Executive Director - New York, NY (5-8-19)
- Job Title: Executive Director
- Location: New York
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the strategic plan for and administration of The NoMad Alliance. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong Board of Directors and committees to carry out the work of the Alliance.
- Responsible for leading The NoMad Alliance in a manner that guides and supports the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of The NoMad Alliance, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operation within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support The NoMad Alliance’s mission and the activities that promote that mission.
Organization Operations: Oversee and implement management procedures to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for developing with the Board programs to fulfill its mission and overseeing the effective dispatch of those projects.
- Responsible for planning and deployment of financial and personnel resources.
- Responsible for making certain all legal requirements are met including, but not limited to, working with accountants to insure taxes are filed and that all filings to maintain the tax-exempt status of the organization are completed, adhering to all required corporate governance provisions, and protecting the organizations several trademarks.
Strategic Planning and Promotion of Image
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that The NoMad Alliance can successfully fulfil its mission.
- Responsible for crystalizing the Alliance’s mission and image.
- Responsible enhancement of the Alliance’s image: by being active and visible in the community among city organizations and the media, acting as ambassador of the brand; and by seeking ways to promote that image locally, city-wide, country-wide and world-wide.
- Responsible for overseeing all marketing communications.
Specific Key Duties:
- Planning and management of an annual budget.
- Establishing operational procedures.
- Effective administration of Alliance operations.
- Hiring, as possible, competent, qualified staff.
- Co-signing with the President of the Board all notes, agreement, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of The NoMad Alliance.
- Community outreach, especially to local organization: Madison Square Park Conservancy, Flatiron/23rd Street Partnership (BID), and CB5; corporations; and individual residents.
- Ongoing fundraising though corporations, members and the public as well as planned annual events.
- Leadership abilities.
- An open, engaging personality that excites and motivates the board, staff, and all outside audiences of the Alliance.
- Innovative thinking.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
- 3 or more years of non-profit management experience.
- Ability to convey The Alliance’s strategic future vision to board, staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Solid, hands on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Engaging public speaking ability.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Mike Roberts at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1137 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.