Job #1124: Controller - Philadelphia, PA (4-20-19)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Salary: $125,000 - $150,000
This is a newly created highly responsible management position reporting to the CFO with frequent interaction with the Firm's Executive Committee. This position will assist the CFO in monitoring day-to-day operations, analysis of firm performance and
financial reporting in compliance with rules and regulations while managing to the Firm's financial expectations.
Specifically, the Controller will be accountable to the CFO and Executive Committee for the management, leadership and supervision of financial operations, including accounts payable, billing, cash receipts, collections, general accounting and financial and other reporting.
- Serve as the "deputy" to the CFO, assisting in management of day-to-day processes of the finance department and treasury management tasks while interacting with staff, management and leadership;
- Analyze financial details of past, present and expected performance to forecast Firm results;
- Ensure that standardized financial management policies and procedures are in place and followed;
- Develop and mentor high quality staff that can add value and play a key role as the firm grows and expands;
- Play a leadership role in the analysis and development of financial strategies and capabilities;
- Work closely with the CFO to evaluate and assess technology to automate processes;
- Ensure the financial, tax and local reporting is timely and accurate;
- Be highly knowledgeable of partnership accounting and individual partnership reporting;
- Participate in the Firm's business decision making process to evaluate economic and financial implications of decisions;
- Improve and upgrade financial processes and procedures and create infrastructure that understands the Firm's business.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing and collection duties.
- Provides executive management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Maintain and document accounting policies and procedures.
- Understand and maintain knowledge of state and federal polices and current accounting standards.
- Evaluate accounting internal controls. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Direct financial operations ensuring all transactions are recorded accurately and appropriately in the general ledger, accounts payable are paid in an accurate and timely manner, account reconciliations are completed accurately and on a timely basis, direct involvement of the details and inter-workings of the billing, cash receipt and collections functions.
- Assist in the creation, analysis and distribution of timely and accurate internal financial reports using MS Excel, Aderant and other financial software applications. Preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including "Budget vs. Actual" variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist in the budget & forecast process including coordination of revenue, expense and capital asset management and reporting.
- Reporting & Compliance - Prepare survey responses, business activity reports and other ad hoc reporting. Assist with compliance of local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings for multiple jurisdictions and
- Preparation of partner compensation worksheets and practice analyses.
- Preparation of annual K-1 tax worksheets and schedules.
- Prepare schedules and coordinate with external auditors for annual benefit plan reviews.
- Ability to work within deadlines and effectively handle stress.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and appropriately interact with others.
About the Candidate:
The candidate should have a CPA certificate and/or an MBA, have strong financial planning and analysis background, preferably within the professional services environment. The successful candidate should have a demonstrated record of success in playing a key role in a fast growing, entrepreneurial driven organization composed of very bright, energetic and results driven individuals.
Personally, the candidate must be highly professional, discreet and impartial. He or she must exhibit confidence, be an independent thinker with strong problem solving and analytical skills and be capable of offering solutions. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential together with strong teaching, coaching and mentoring capabilities. It is important that the individual be able to relate conceptually and practically to the business objectives and drivers of the Firm's business goals.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Thomas Ecker at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1124 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.