Job #1109: Junior Accountant - New York, NY (4-18-19)
- Job Title: Junior Accountant
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Founded in 2005, Kylin Management LLC is a SEC-registered investment adviser focused on Asian public equities. Based in New York City, the team consists of 26 employees, which includes 13 investment professionals.
Role Description: Fund Accountant / Operations
The individual will be an integral member of the business and operations team, which currently consists of a Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Compliance Officer. Reporting directly to the CFO, the candidate will have day-to-day responsibility for managing daily reporting and working with prime brokers, counterparties and the fund administrator on daily P&L and monthly NAV calculations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of monthly estimates, NAV calculations, P&L and portfolio risk reporting, as well as attribution and exposure reporting
- Review daily reconciliations for portfolio and cash accounts prepared by middle office administrator
- Review swap settlement reports and process payments Research trade, position and cash breaks and, as follows, liaise with counterparties to resolve
- Manage accurate and timely issuance of daily portfolio reporting to PM
- Review preparation of month-end NAV, investor allocations and statements
- Liaise with auditors, administrators, prime brokers and other service providers
- Assist with review of annual financial statements and coordinate audit with external auditors and administrator
- Assist with management company and general partner books and records (including accounts receivable/payable) and tax preparation
- Contribute to various ad hoc and ongoing investor reporting projects
- 1-3 years in a Hedge Fund, Fund Administrator or Public Accounting role
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Process and detail oriented with a strong work ethic and team focused attitude
Interested candidates should contact David Gleason at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1109 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.