Job #1094: Outreach & Development Manager - New York, NY (4-17-19)
- Job Title: Outreach & Development Manager
- Location: New York
- Salary: $80,000
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for developing and executing the department’s outreach and development strategy (including fundraising), with direction from the Membership Acquisition & Engagement Director. The Outreach & Development Manager will work to increase awareness of and participation in Society outreach and development (fundraising) programs and initiatives, to include NextGen; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Initiatives and Moynihan Scholarship Fund. This person will oversee the Society’s initiatives to recruit and retain students, young professionals and those from underrepresented groups through strategic initiatives outlined by senior leadership. They will also work with the marketing and communications teams (MarCom) to develop and deploy appropriate marketing campaigns and communication plans to foster growth, retention, awareness and donor support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies and initiatives to help attract and retain Next Gen and student members.
- Manage and enhance high school and college outreach through Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession (COAP) and other NextGen initiatives.
- Track COAP Alumni and ensure that they are invited to participate in NextGen activities and retain Society membership.
- Manage recruitment, retention and engagement of education professionals at colleges and universities for Campus Liaison Program, with assistance from Recruitment and Retention Associates.
- Cultivate, manage and enhance The NYSSCPA Young Professional Leadership Institute to develop the profession’s and Society’s leadership pipeline.
- Create and execute outreach and special events, to include career fairs, networking socials, etc.
- Partner with conference and seminar coordinators to host events offering educational credits.
- Develop, enhance and manage Society’s mentoring program, to include mentor recruitment, mentor/mentee pairing and technological platform enhancements.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategy for Moynihan Scholarship Fund (MSF) and MSF Gala, to include individual and corporate donations, sponsorships and grants.
- Create and maintain database of donors and prospects.
- Partner with marketing and communications team to develop a marketing and communications plan to increase awareness of the MSF and write reports and prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
- Monitor budgets and other financial data for program initiatives.
- Provide updates to Membership Acquisition & Engagement Director on key trends surrounding donor support and progress of initiatives and fundraising goals.
- Provide staff support to NextGen and DEI Committees and Moynihan Scholarship Fund. Staff support includes:
- Facilitating the creation of timely meeting agendas by committee chairs
- Attending meetings and taking minutes, if required
- Writing articles for Society publications regarding newsworthy matters of interest discussed at committee meetings
- Additional support as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Membership Acquisition & Engagement Director.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Professional designation/certification such as Certified Association Executive (CAE), Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE), Institute of Organizational Management (IOM), etc. preferred, but not required
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Excellent communication, presentation writing and project and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Experience in obtaining donations, sponsorships and grants
- Requires relationship management experience
- Ability to work independently and set priorities while exercising flexibility, initiative and self-motivation.
- Must be very detail oriented, able to multi-task, have a high level of problem-solving skills and thrive in a deadline driven, rapid pace environment.
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
The Outreach & Development Manager is expected to act independently and handle issues that relate to the development and management of outreach initiatives. Any high level problems or issues that may arise should be directed to Membership Acquisition & Engagement Director.
This position has extensive contact with Society leaders, members, speakers, vendors, donors, sponsors, committee chairs, and event attendees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by their director, manager or supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume for consideration to Antoine Fletcher at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1094 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.