Job #1092: Chief Financial Officer - Palm Beach County, FL (4-18-19)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: Florida
- Salary: $125,000 - $140,000
Small, public company located in Palm Beach County, Florida is seeking a Chief Financial Officer.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner with CEO.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SEC compliance and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure SEC compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all SEC filings.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage audit committee and board of directors to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance.
- CPA Required.
- MBA or MS in Accounting.
- Background in Big 5 Public Accounting.
- 8+ years total accounting or finance experience.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume for consideration to Maria Montiglio at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1092 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.