Job #1085: Finance Manager (Law Firm) - New York, NY (4-8-19)
- Job Title: Finance Manager (Law Firm)
- Location: New York
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Finance Manager will oversee finance operations and provide finance support to partners and the global finance team. Other responsibilities inclue:
- Provide Financial Management leadership
- Be a go-to person on finance matters for partners providing insight on processes and protocol.
- Role will guide and act as primary advisor on all finance-related matters and an integral aspect of the role is to ensure effective, efficient and consistent finance management practices
- Lead US finance team and supervise Finance Assistant.
- Manage relationships with Client Relationship Managers at Banking Institutions
- Daily and monthly bank reconciliations for local accounts. Cash position monitoring.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, client billing, etc.
- Monitor WIP reports and general queries regarding billing while ensuring that partners are managing profitable matters. Monitor client receivables and manage partner notifications.
- Act as general resource for secretarial staff on all client billing inquiries.
- Work with Group Finance and Business Services Project Team to assess opportunities for process improvement, centralization and consistency.
- Liaise with the firm's global Treasury function as necessary regarding cash flow and funding requirements for offices
- Develop accounting systems, procedures and the control environment as operations dictate.
- Liaise with Operations Manager/HR in reconciling payroll accounts, benefits and 401k distributions through ADP.
- Working knowledge of income tax matters affecting a partnership and associated accounting adjustments (e.g. meals and entertainment, fixed asset reporting and accruals calculations)
- Liaise with external tax advisors and UK-based internal tax team to assist with the processes necessary to file partnership and partner income tax returns.
- Prepare and file sales tax returns where required.
- Prepare and file 1099s and other similar tax filings.
- Proactively assist with tax registrations and other tax filing changes resulting from operations in new states or other business expansion.
- Liaise with the global partnership tax team and external advisors on ad hoc local tax matters arising in US.
- 6-20 years of Law Firm Accounting experience.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume for consideration to Lisa Gootman at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1085 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.