Job #1083: Client Finance Manager - East Rutherford, NJ (4-4-19)
- Job Title: Client Finance Manager
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
MWWPR is a mid-size, full-service public relations agency with comprehensive service offerings in the core areas of consumer lifestyle brand marketing, corporate communications & reputation management, and public affairs. Guided by data-driven insights, intellect and human instincts, MWWPR uniquely delivers on a people-first, client-centric promise. We get to the heart of the matter: igniting influence and impact to help organizations matter more to those who matter most.
Having worked with some of the most recognizable brands in the world, we still cherish our size, and more importantly, our fierce independence. It’s what allows us to be nimble and step beyond the bounds of conventional thinking. This freedom, paired with our one P&L operational structure, affords us the ability to fearlessly start with people to build best-in-class integrated teams – regardless of practice area, discipline or location.
The Client Finance Manager serves as a liaison between the client service and finance teams with a primary aim of providing financial support and leadership. This entails actively monitoring the budgets for the clients within his/her portfolio, collaborating with the teams to proactively identify and escalate potential overruns as well as working with the client teams and senior leadership to mitigate such overruns. This person will also be responsible for ensuring the financial integrity of the team’s revenue forecasts and staff planning projections. Finally, this person will be responsible for continually improving the internal controls and financial processes that the agency has in place regarding financial management, scopes of work and contracts and cash flow.
This position will report into the Senior Vice President, Finance. This role will be based mainly in East Rutherford, NJ, but split time between our New York City office as well.
- Provide account teams with vetted budget spend information while ensuring information is timely & accurate.
- Review and analyze with the client service teams project spending (fee and out-of-pocket) no less than monthly.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity associated with client projects regarding contract approvals, budget to actual spending variances, modifications to client budgets, client profitability and staffing. Escalate with the CFO, SVP Finance, Controller and client as needed.
- Assist in the creation of job estimates, budgets, and client staffing plans, including calculating fees according to client staffing plans.
- Partner with client service teams to ensure revenue forecasts, staffing plans, and agency pipeline are current and accurate.
- Secure client purchase orders for necessary work/payment authorizations and to ensure compliance with company policy and client contractual agreements.
- Monitor accounts receivable status and follow-up on aged balances as needed.
- Review WIP and work with client teams and finance department to ensure that billings are current across client roster.
- Assist with month-end close procedures including ensuring the revenue recognition policy is being followed.
- Identify and implement areas of improvement regarding the client finance processes with the intent of building a “Center of Excellence”
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of client finance experience in the advertising, marketing, or public relations industry with strong fiscal acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- Highly proficient in Excel including high degree of familiarity with pivot tables
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional attitude and a team player with the strong ability to work independently with a variety of individuals across teams and levels
- Attention to detail, with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects/timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, collaborative disposition with solution-oriented approach to business issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong finance/accounting knowledge (balance sheet, A/R, P&Ls, etc.) (While this isn't an accounting position, understanding accounting principles is crucial.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is preferred
Interested candidates should send resume to Tyler Feinerman at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1083 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.