Job #1081: Grants and Compliance Manager - New York, NY (4-3-19)
- Job Title: Grants and Compliance Manager
- Location: New York
- Salary: Up to $100,000 DOE
International humanitarian organization is seeking a talented and collaborative Grants and Compliance Manager with a passion for international development and nonprofit experience. This position is ideal for a highly self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong compliance experience and can produce specific deliverables within a limited time period.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and supervising the Grants and Compliance Accountant, the Grants and Compliance Managerwill focus on all matters relating to the organizational compliance with US Government and private donor contracts. The Grants and Compliance Manager will work in collaboration with the other US departments, our affiliated organization in Ireland, and with program staff overseas to provide general grants management support and advice on donor compliance and regulations.
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of, and extensive experience with, the Office of Management and Budget Circulars A-122, A-110 and A-133 with comprehensive understanding of USAID regulations. The Grants and Compliance Manager will also provide required expert support to the Programs and Operations teams and field staff in budgets and reports preparations to ensure compliance with donor requirements and regulations. The successful candidate will also have experience working and managing Account Information Systems- Microsoft Great Plains preferred.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain organizational Policies and Procedures including Funding Guidelines for US Government Awards;
- Manage compliance and accounting support to the program staff related to USAID and other agency specific regulations;
- Assist field staff in the preparation of narrative and budget reports to support proposals and interim program reports;
- Work with field staff to review and prepare backup for USAID quarterly financial reports and payment requests.
- Supervise one Grants and Contracts Analyst Prepare annual NICRA for submission to USAID.
- Conduct monitoring visits and internal audits overseas to ensure compliance with donor regulations;
- Work with the Director of Finance and VP of Finance to assess overall compliance.
- Provide support to the private fundraising teams regarding compliance and budgeting with private and corporate foundation grants;
- Maintain and update grants financial records and systems;
- Ensure proper close-out of private and government grants;
- Support Finance Director in bank reconciliations and monthly close process;
- Perform additional duties as assigned by senior management, including general accounting support.
- Assist in the further development of Accounting Information System (Microsoft Great Plains) and specifically design reports in the AIS to streamline monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA highly preferred.
- Minimum 7 (seven) years of experience in an accounting or finance position.
- Thorough knowledge of, and extensive experience with, the Office of Management and Budget Circulars A-122, A-110 and A-133 with comprehensive understanding of USAID regulations.
- Proven and extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, including FAR, federal cost principals, OMB circulars, administrative requirements, and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in monitoring grants and conducting audits. US Government experience a must.
- Ability to meet and prioritize multiple deadlines and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Thrives when working both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience working in and managing Accounting Information Systems – Microsoft Great Plains experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
Interested candidates should send their MS Word resume (no PDFs please) to Michael Bernstein at: Michael.Bernstein@phytontalent.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1081 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.