Job #1074: Assistant Payroll Manager - Boca Raton, FL (3-26-19)
- Job Title: Assistant Payroll Manager
- Location: Florida
- Salary: Open
The Assistant Payroll Manager will oversee a small team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment contributing to all facets of payroll and benefits processing. This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on, detail-oriented payroll leader to join a team with a robust and dynamic scope of responsibilities. Ideal candidate has 10+ years of payroll processing experience with 5+ years in a supervisory role.
- Supervise, review and support the accurate and timely payroll of 9 Domestic (multi-state) and 10 International (Europe, South America, Central America and Asia) Payrolls.
- Assist with employee benefits.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of employee records.
- Lead full cycle payroll processing function including time and attendance processing, PTO accruals, bank reconciliation, posting to the general ledger and financial reporting as it relates to payroll and benefits.
- Implement best practices based on current labor, leave, benefits & payroll policy.
- Assist in the implementation & onboarding of new payroll requirements, systems, & acquisitions.
- Additional ad-hoc project work as needed.
- Oversee the payroll processors, work with the team to answer questions and requests.
- Comply with federal, state, and local labor standards and other legal requirements; enforce adherence to requirements; advise managements on needed action.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Interprets pay policies, (e.g., vacation, LOA, disability, workers compensation, withholding exemptions, etc.) and ensures appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to the various accounts correctly.
- Monitor all treasury functions for 16 bank accounts related to each payroll entity.
- Lead annual audits for: 401k plan, Worker’s Compensation policy, 2 corporate annual audits for Domestic and International.
- Prepare Accounting closing entries and schedules
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years payroll processing experience required; 5+ years supervisory experience preferred
- International payroll processing experienced preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and ADP
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong organizational skills
Interested candidates should send resume to Fred Stern at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1074 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.