Job #1073: Senior Corporate Controller - Boca Raton, FL
- Job Title: Senior Corporate Controller
- Location: Florida
- Salary: Open
An investment manager focused on the rental housing sector seeks a Senior Corporate Controller to oversee Corporate Accounting for the growing company. This critical role will oversee enterprise corporate accounting, forecasts, budgets and systems for all internal controls, financial reporting and preparation of financial reports for management, investors and shareholders. This role must be able to clearly and concisely illustrate the financial outcomes of our business, accounting operating activities and provide timely information that informs decision making and assist with applying that information to future business strategies. This role will serve as a strategic leader and partner, playing an important role in enhancing the organization’s financial and operational performance.
What you will do:
- Oversee the day-to-day corporate accounting of our business including the accurate and timely processing of billing, commissions, payroll, the budgeting process, cash forecasting and financial reporting across six different business lines.
- Provide adequate, accurate and timely data and analysis to support strategic decision-making. This includes providing advice and information that helps business lines and other operating departments operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Support the planning, analysis and efficient execution of business opportunities that promote growth of the organization; effectively guide, supporting and monitoring all financial transactions related to acquisitions, dispositions and support the company’s 1031 activities.
- Oversee and review of internal and external financial statements (monthly, quarterly and annual) and other relevant information as needed and meet all necessary deadlines in accordance with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Direct the budgeting process and monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing financial and operational results and initiating required corrective actions.
- Work with leadership to formalize and facilitate the gathering of expenditure estimates and forecasting.
- Research significant variances and trends for the Company's corporate accounting operations and present findings to senior management.
- Provide financial and accounting analysis, reporting, and advice with the ability to articulate complex financial and legal information that enables the best possible outcomes.
- Periodically reforecast the company’s financial results. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the company’s complex tax compliance issues and work our tax advisors to develop tax efficient strategies.
- Recommend and oversee installation of processes and identify technology to scale growth and increase efficiency in the department.
- Establish, write and maintain accounting systems policies and best practice controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Manage & comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the finance and accounting team, ensuring an optimum level of performance in a positive team environment.
- Participate in a wide variety of special ad hoc projects and compile special reports as applicable
The candidate will have depth of experience designing and improving accounting and financial systems and will have experience in the real estate sector (required); Multi-family real estate experience is preferred. The successful candidate will also bring:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance required (CPA a plus but not required)
- 10+ years’ sustained experience in a comparable senior accounting/finance leadership role which would have resulted in the development and implementation of effective financial management processes and operations
- Yardi property management software experience/proficiency is required
- Demonstrated business acumen, a strategic mindset and a collaborative approach
- Ability to understand complex transactions, and expertise in problem-solving
- Experience with real estate acquisitions and development, asset management, and property management ideal
- A career-long reputation for integrity, sound judgment and transparency, which includes the ability to effectively deal with highly-sensitive and confidential information
- Proven people-management experience with a track record of recruiting, developing, inspiring and retaining a high-performing team
- High degree of accountability, both in terms of following through on commitments and deadlines for self and your team
- High energy, resiliency, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating ideas and information to diverse audiences
Interested candidates should send resume to Fred Stern at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1073 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.