Job #1069: Mergers & Acquisitions Associate - Boston, MA (3-21-19)
- Job Title: Mergers & Acquisitions Associate
- Location: Massachusetts
- Salary: Open
A highly skilled Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Associate is being sought out for Group RHI, a rapidly growing private equity (PE)-backed leader in the retirement plan services industry. Group RHI is building a national company offering best-in-class services of successful third party administrators (TPAs), recordkeepers and actuarial consultants. Based in Boston with operations across the US, this company has an entrepreneurial culture that is led by talented and experienced industry executives.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the M&A Associate will be tasked to support all aspects of the M&A process. This position offers a unique opportunity for an ambitious professional seeking to play a meaningful role in the Company’s continued growth while gaining significant experience in M&A transactions and exposure at all phases of the deal process - from sourcing to structuring through closing and post-closing integration. This position is a highly visible role with exposure to Group RHI’s executive management team, board, investors and advisors. Given the nature of the work, the candidate must be very well-organized, self-motivated, intellectually curious, display a strong attention to detail and have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
This great opportunity includes significant career growth potential as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Hands-on M&A transaction services experience in a multi-location professional services environment, corporate development, investment banking, consulting or other highly analytical finance roles.
- Solid proficiency as to GAAP financial reporting and general ledger accounting.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including proficiency in financial statement analysis and valuation modeling.
- Financial modeling skills and an understanding of trend analyses.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) as the successful candidate will play an important role in representing Group RHI to potential sellers and must present a high degree of professionalism.
- Prioritizes multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines and enjoys working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to build solid working relationships across the organization including with management, colleagues, targeted acquisitions, and key third parties.
- Bachelor in Accounting preferred
Primary Functions and Skillsets:
- Research prospective acquisition targets.
- Calling on prospective targets to discuss transaction scenarios.
- Assist in prospect screening, diligence, valuation, and deal structuring.
- Evaluate and summarize M&A prospect information including marketing materials, financial reports, meetings and calls, and industry sources.
- Build pro-forma financial statements and financial models.
- Utilize cross-functional information to assist in the analyses of prospects.
- Assist in compiling proposal materials for internal management and Board approval.
- Assist in post-closing integration activities and assessments of operational effectiveness.
- Analyze and organize diligence materials for in-process acquisitions.
- Analyze industry prospects and acquisition targets by gathering information about growth, competitors, and market share possibilities.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Strong “Hands On” Leadership: A Proactive and Passionate Advocate for the Business.
- Exceptional Technical Skills Tailored to the Business.
- Sense of Urgency: “All Hands on Deck”.
- Embraces changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- A proactive partner with CEO and management team.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Creates a sense of team spirit and helps to create a positive work environment.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values. Follows through on commitments. Not a silo builder.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to help achieve departmental and company goals.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills: Speaks/writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work and develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Strong organizational skills: versatile and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong work-ethic, detail-driven and a commitment to doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrates exceptional follow through.
- Travel – up to 20% expected.
Interested candidates should e-mail resumes to Bridget Burke at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1069 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.