Job #1055: Senior Accountant - New York, NY (3-11-19)
- Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Location: New York
- Salary: $80,000 - $120,000
- Insource accounting functions and take compete ownership over recording journal entries, preparing accruals, paying vendors and closing the books timely and accurately.
- Review and analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare annual financial statements, quarterly board reporting packages and MD&A(if required).
- Assist the Controller in implementing strategic initiatives to improve processes, strengthen controls and upgrade software.
- Prepare for audits, be a key contributor in creating a complete package for the auditors. This requires meeting all requirements of the auditors’ request list and preparing the package in accordance with auditor’s timeline.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and internal controls.
- Special projects as they occur.
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting degree required.
- CPA with 4+ years of accounting/audit experience, preferably in a“Big 4” organization.
- Experience preparing financial statements for public companies is a plus
- Self-starter, independent worker and able to make sound and timely decisions.
- Ability to consistently be attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing landscape with competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a desire to keep communication lines.
Interested candidates should apply directly here by clicking "Apply For This Job." Please also send an e-mail to Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org including Job #1055 in the subject line.