Job #1053: Global Controller - New York, NY (3-6-19)
- Job Title: Global Controller
- Location: New York
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
A fast-growth enterprise software company, is looking to hire a Global Corporate Controller to manage a 20-person global accounting team. This role oversees all accounting for the company including billing, revenue, accounts receivables/payables, tax, cash management, etc. This role reports to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer.
The role will lead development and implementation of streamlined business processes, internal control policies and procedures. It is a growth-oriented position geared towards strong financial and operations leadership. It will oversee the accounting team and serve as a trusted advisor to the CFO on all technical reporting and operational accounting issues as the company experiences rapid growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain focus on internal controls over financial reporting, continuous improvement of accounting policies and procedures, standardization of accounting practices, and compliance with US GAAP as well as local statutory requirements.
- Lead the close and consolidation processes including close coordination with VP of Finance and other regional leads.
- Partner closely with all department managers to support their needs for transaction accounting, reporting and analysis.
- Evaluate, develop, and oversee policies and procedures consistent with the Company's financial objectives to support long-term growth strategies, cost effectiveness, and compliance enforcement.
- Communicate and enforce company-wide financial reporting policies, procedures and controls.
- Direct the preparation of the internal consolidated financial statements, including reports for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
- Assist and manage external audit, quarterly reviews, etc. and interface with auditors on all requests.
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of technical accounting and company position papers.
- Take a leadership role in the Company's upgrade projects for critical systems and processes. Implement changes and develop new suggestions for improving cross functional operating processes.
- Develop, establish, and maintain an effective organizational structure and staffing plan to meet internal needs and company goals.
- 15-25 years experience Controllership position From Software Industry - or Technology industry.
- Strong supervisory experience.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Very bright, top-notch, lots of energy.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume for consideration to Lisa Gootman at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1053 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.