Job #1046: Staff Accountant/Analyst - New York, NY (2-28-19)
- Job Title: Staff Accountant/Analyst
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Crisis Text Line has product market fit and impressive organic growth. We’ve processed more than 65 million messages in under 5 years. The team is 80+ full-time people (with nearly half of them remote employees). In the next 18 months, all of those numbers will double. Our goal? Help 1 billion people around the world in the next 12 years. Boom.
We’re a tech startup focused on mental health. We happen to be a not-for-profit- which just means nobody is here for the exit. Every decision we make, every hire, every product- it’s about helping people in pain and doing it with greater speed, accuracy, and quality.
This role will be responsible for assisting the Director of Finance with monthly and year-end close processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, and analytics. You will assist in ensuring that financial controls are in place, compliance with policies, and strategic initiatives of the team are executed successfully. The person for this role must be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with attention to detail. The position requires the ability to prioritize work, demonstrate technical accounting skills, accountability, good judgment, and meet established deadlines.
What we’re looking for:
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently. Being bendy flexible to whatever challenges come your way is your life blood.
- Proactive You get things done. Even if you’ve never done something before, you figure it out and make it happen--with a smile. You dig a clean inbox, a clean desk, a solid to do list- because it means you’re making things happen.
- Details make you happy. You can see the forest and the trees. You are aware of the big picture and excited about getting all the details in line to support the mission.
- Kind. You are a naturally friendly, other-directed person. People feel good around you because they know you care.
Capabilities & Skills…
- Problem Solving. You use your prior accounting and analytical skills to tackle issues big and small.
- Written and verbal communication. You can talk to everyone from the CEO to our interns with efficiency and clarity. You communicate powerfully. You organize your thoughts clearly and your writing is persuasive.
- Technology. You are an expert in excel and other spreadsheet applications. You are no stranger to working with pivot tables, vlookups, indexing etc. You love to automate accounting tasks utilizing various applications including Quickbooks, NetSuite, Sage, MS Excel and Google Sheets.
- Experience. You’ve put in the hard work to earn your accounting degree and have a strong knowledge of GAAP principles specific to nonprofits. You possess at least 3 years in accounting and finance roles.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs):
- Process journal entries for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement general ledger accounts.
- Analytical review of income and expense accounts.
- Maintain electronic accounting working papers and provide back up support for accounts receivable and payable functions.
- Assist Director of Finance with system upgrades and budget process.
- Assist and develop process improvements.
- Assist Director of Finance with internal and external reporting requirements
- Prepare monthly analysis of expenses by both functional and natural classification
- Prepare monthly analysis of donor contributions and social media campaigns.
- Prepare quarterly analysis of in-kind contributions and record in general ledger.
- Prepare monthly analysis of Merch store sales and inventory on hand.
Crisis Text Line is an equal opportunity employer.
Active Crisis Counselors preferred. (Non-Crisis Counselors will be expected to complete training and become an active Crisis Counselor within three months of employment.)
Interested candidates should e-mail Yvonne Jean-Jerome for consideration at email@example.com. Please put “Staff Accountant/Analyst - [YOUR FULL NAME] - Job #1044” in the subject line, and attach a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. In your e-mail, please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org.