Job #1042: Chief Financial Officer - New York, NY (2-26-19)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Vistar Media is looking for an entrepreneurial finance and operations leader to join our NYC headquarters and develop our business around the world. The CFO will be a key member of the executive team and be responsible for planning, forecasting, financial reporting, budget reporting, financial modeling, human resources, corporate operations, and strategic decision support. The ideal candidate will have exceptional accounting and financial analysis skills, as well as experience scaling a business. This role reports directly to the CEO.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the company’s systems and processes for forecasting, budgeting and revenue monitoring based on sophisticated financial modeling and analysis.
- Provide analytical support of strategic company decisions.
- Provide support on various operational tasks including P&L and financial projections, pricing and valuation models and company presentations.
- Manage complex capitalization transactions requiring balancing needs of existing equity investors, existing convertible noteholders, new equity investors and employees/ advisors.
- Manage team leads across both finance and human resource departments.
- Oversee all accounting, tax, AP/AR, and corporate compliance matters.
- Oversee business health KPI's, monitor and highlight notable points proactively, including revenue tracking, margin analysis and pricing.
- Oversee regulatory and compliance reporting in all areas of investment, accounting, finance, payroll, and taxation.
- Be responsible for cash and risk management.
- Work closely with corporate law firm and general counsel.
- Manage Salesforce revenue tracking/integration.
- Oversee cost-control structure, financial policies, fraud prevention systems, and ensure existence of any necessary loss prevention systems.
- Develop effective solutions to improve VM’s financial position and results, and contribute proactively to business optimization.
- Report financial and operating results to management and Board of Directors in a timely and useful fashion.
- Manage both the Finance and People Operations team.
- Represent VM by effectively communicating externally with investors, advisors, and clients, and internally with leadership team and employees.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- 8+ years’ progressive finance and/or accounting experience in a finance leadership role.
- Previous experience in a startup/technology firm is highly desired.
- Excellent GAAP and financial reporting skills.
- Experience with rapidly growing, venture-backed technology companies; SaaS experience preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for building.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up, and be effective resolving ambiguities.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, be flexible and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think creatively and be resourceful within the context of financial and strategic planning.
- High intellectual capacity, particularly in an analytical and strategic context.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, as well as debt and equity financing, is required.
- Unquestionable personal integrity and business judgment.
Interested candidates should apply directly to Vicki Garcia, Talent Acquisition Specialist, here. Please also send an e-mail to Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org including Job #1042 in the subject line.