Job #1040: Controller - Los Angeles, CA (2-25-19)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: California
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform monthly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, GL reconciliations, cash management, and project reporting as needed.
- Report to lender and investor partners per agreements
- Prepare accurate reports for the President as requested
- Assist with annual preparation of budgets as needed
- Assist as needed with asset management and financing applications
- Supervise and participate as needed with accounting staff for functions such as billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and others.
- Provide overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting, financial audit support, financial analyses
- Participate in the development and modification of accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices, as necessary
- Ensure accounting/financial standards are maintained. Provide audit support to outside auditors during the year end and interim financial audits
- Post tenant payments by recording checks and electronic deposits.
- Maintain the entry, tracing and maintenance of appropriate records regarding all receivables.
- Prepare month end reconciliations.
- Reconcile and maintain chargeback claims.
- Process credit memos ensuring proper approval is obtained.
- Post revenues.
- Update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information.
- Contact bank to correct deposit discrepancies and make proper adjustments.
- Yearly CAM reconciliations
- Review all incoming move-in files and approve correct/complete files, otherwise obtain corrections.
- Process all move-out files, assure files are complete and obtain missing documents if needed.
- Process deposit refund checks for move-outs.
- Follow-up on delinquent rents and other outstanding balances.
- Assist managers with proper preparation of 3-day, 30-day, or 60-day notices.
- Verify file before starting legal proceedings.
- Contact attorney to start legal proceedings. Respond to questions and clarify information before, during and after the legal process.
- Negotiate settlement while attorney and manager are in court.
- Send files to collection agency. Follow-up on status and negotiate pay-off.
- Load new properties in Appfolio.
- Set up new managers in Appfolio.
- Assist new managers with banking and correct errors.
- Participate in weekly staff meeting and report on balances, upcoming renewals, legal status.
- Special assignments as they arise.
- Accountant with strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate in Windows applications, Microsoft Office programs, QuickBooks, and AppFolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Team player.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years or more account receivable experience.
- Residential and commercial real estate experience a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The qualification requirements, physical and mental demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the President.
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with an hour break for lunch.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Bob Clippinger at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1040 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.