Job #1034: Controller - Newport Beach, CA (2-15-19)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: California
- Salary: Open
Acacia is a small public company with approximately $200 million in assets. We are currently looking for a seasoned Controller, with Services industry or comparable experience. A strong candidate will have a background in public accounting, experience in maintaining a rigorous controls process, have a thorough understanding of audit best practices and be deadline driven. The position is based in Newport Beach, California, reporting to the CFO in New York.
- The Controller is responsible for safeguarding organizational assets and ensuring policies and procedures that comply with GAAP and state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Have responsibility for functions such as billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, and other.
- Provide audit support to outside auditors during the year end and during interim financial audits.
- In conjunction with the CFO, assist in implementation of a new accounting system [NetSuite] and shepherd company through systems implementation and transition.
- Perform monthly/annual financial closings, consolidation and financial reporting, GL reconciliations, cash management, revenue recognition and project reporting as needed.
- Manage overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting, financial analyses and other projects as requested.
- Assist in preparation of presentations for Management and Board of Directors.
- Create and develop accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensure US GAAP accounting/financial standards are maintained.
- SEC/NASDAQ reporting experience- 10K, 10Q, 8K.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent field required.
- 5-10 years of general accounting experience.
- Services Industry experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience.
- CPA certificate a plus.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP required.
- SOX compliance experience.
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks and work with multiple clients required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working within groups to implement corporate strategy.
- Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to George Roeck at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1034 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.