Job #1006: Accounting Manager - New York, NY (1-25-19)
- Job Title: Accounting Manager
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
A recently formed private investment firm is staffing its accounting and finance team. The fund is a permanent capital investment firm formed to make insurance company investments with the thesis to create value via operating improvements and increased investment yield. The firm will make additional investments in insurance platforms, real estate, debt, private equity, and hybrid investments on behalf of select institutional and private investors.
The firm is seeking to hire a full-time Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the firm and several related entities' accounting. This includes approximately 10 employees and 10 related entities, which include the management company. In addition, where appropriate, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for the accounting for various Funds/Co-Investment Vehicles. The Accounting Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will work with the portfolio companies and investment managers as necessary. All of the entities use NetSuite. Presently there is a part-time accountant who performs the Accounts Payable and General Accounting functions, which are minimal.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare financial statements, including related journal entries, and workpapers for all entities for monthly reporting to management and investors
- Review monthly bank and account reconciliations for all entities
- Prepare billings for charges among the affiliated entities
- Review employee travel and expense reports for proper allocations
- Prepare quarterly budget to actual reporting (cash- and accrual-based budgets) including fluctuation analysis and budget to actual bridges
- Liase with auditors for annual audits of the fund and any related entities
- Analyze investment transactions to determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Ad hoc projects and support at the direction of the CFO and the management team
- 4+ years’ experience in a professional accounting role or public accounting role.
- Experience in real estate private equity or financial services a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a major/concentration in Accounting
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Able to work independently and in team setting; excellent organizational and analytical skills; strong attention to detail
- NetSuite experience preferred.
Interested candidates should e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Job #1006 in the subject line.