Jeffrey S. Parker
Jeffrey Parker is a Tax Partner and Co-Leader of the firm’s Personal Wealth Advisors Group (PWA), and also a member of the Financial Services Group. With more than 25 years of experience, he provides guidance on complex tax questions for clients in the financial services industry. Jeff specializes in tax services for investment partnerships, such as hedge funds, private equity funds, funds of funds, and MLP Funds, including structuring and compliance.
In his PWA role, in addition to assisting fund managers and CFO’s, Jeff uses his knowledge to assist investors in navigating the complex tax rules facing investments in alternative assets. His expertise have led him to become skilled in advising on personal income tax returns, estate and gift taxes, trusts, and foundations for high net worth individuals, as well as Family Offices.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff was a Tax Partner with a national accounting firm.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take." – Wayne Gretzky
- Where did you grow up?
- Livingston, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I had the All-American college experience at Penn State.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my wife and two sons, and bringing them to sporting events.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Coming up with ideas, solving problems and helping my clients and co-workers.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I may be the first person who ever joined the profession for social reasons. I was a marketing major as an undergrad (I received my accounting degree later in my MBA program) and knew I’d enjoy the marketing aspects of client development and networking, but I also wanted the opportunity to work in a big office with many co-workers. As a CPA at a large firm, I have the best of both worlds.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would be an practicing attorney.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Autism Speaks. I have an autistic nephew, and I think the organization does a great job advancing research and providing advocacy and support.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My first car, a used 1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme coupe in two-tone green. I have a lot of great memories from that car, including road trips to away football games while I was at Penn State and trips to see my friends who lived out of town.