- Hedge Funds
- Fund Administration
- Real Estate Funds
- Audit & Assurance
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA) (India)
- University of Mumbai, India: BCom, Accounting & Auditing
- San Francisco State University: MS, Business Administration
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Hiren Modi is an Audit Partner in the firm’s Financial Services Group. He has nearly 20 years of extensive experience in all areas of accounting and auditing. In particular, he serves a large number of broker-dealers, domestic and offshore hedge funds, real estate funds, technology, and not-for-profit companies. Hiren has completed the Series 27 examination of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and has served as Financial and Operational Principal (Fin-Op) for several boutique broker-dealers and option traders.
Hiren’s previous experience includes serving as a Staff Accountant and, later, a Supervisor at a regional accounting firm in India, where he was involved in the audits of large domestic and foreign publicly-traded companies, local mutual funds and stockbrokers.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Honesty is the best policy. Try and try again until you succeed!
- Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Akola, a small city in the middle of India about 400 miles east of Bombay.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Lots of fun, learning, building relationships and friendship.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my kids and family. Exploring and learning what new start-ups are doing.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- It is OK to take risks, but better to take calculated risks with their CPA on their side.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Complex business and tax deals
- Why did you become a CPA?
- So I can be an advisor to my clients and be the go-to person for them.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- I love when clients ask me about their business problems, because usually I learn new things while solving their problems.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would be an attorney or a politician.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Hotel California
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Camry Hybrid, because I was the early adopter of fuel-efficient cars.