- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Hiren Modi is an Audit Partner in the firm’s Financial Services Group, and a member of the firm's Executive Committee. He has nearly 20 years of extensive experience in all areas of accounting and auditing. In particular, he serves a large number of broker-dealers, domestic and offshore hedge funds, real estate funds, technology, and not-for-profit companies. Hiren has completed the Series 27 examination of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and has served as Financial and Operational Principal (Fin-Op) for several boutique broker-dealers and option traders.
Hiren’s previous experience includes serving as a Staff Accountant and, later, a Supervisor at a regional accounting firm in India, where he was involved in the audits of large domestic and foreign publicly-traded companies, local mutual funds and stockbrokers.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Honesty is the best policy. Try and try again until you succeed!
- Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Akola, a small city in the middle of India about 400 miles east of Bombay.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Lots of fun, learning, building relationships and friendship.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my kids and family. Exploring and learning what new start-ups are doing.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- It is OK to take risks, but better to take calculated risks with their CPA on their side.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Complex business and tax deals
- Why did you become a CPA?
- So I can be an advisor to my clients and be the go-to person for them.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- I love when clients ask me about their business problems, because usually I learn new things while solving their problems.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would be an attorney or a politician.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Hotel California
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Camry Hybrid, because I was the early adopter of fuel-efficient cars.