- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Hiren Modi is the Partner-in-Charge of the San Francisco office as well as our offices in India. He is a member of the Financial Services Group and an Executive Committee member at Eisner Advisory Group. With 25 years of expertise in all areas of accounting and auditing, Hiren serves a substantial number of broker-dealers, domestic and offshore investment funds, real estate funds, and technology companies.
Hiren was the founder for the India operations. His areas of focus include advising other firms and companies regarding set-up and management of their India captive operations.
Hiren’s previous experience includes serving as a Staff Accountant and later a supervisor at a regional accounting firm in India, where he was involved in the audits of large domestic and foreign publicly traded companies, local mutual funds, and stockbrokers.
Hiren is a frequent speaker on investment fund speaking circuits and India captive operations circuits.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Honesty is the best policy. Try and try again until you succeed!
- Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Akola, a small city in the middle of India about 400 miles east of Bombay.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Lots of fun, learning, building relationships and friendship.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my kids and family. Exploring and learning what new start-ups are doing.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- It is OK to take risks, but better to take calculated risks with their CPA on their side.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Complex business and tax deals
- Why did you become a CPA?
- So I can be an advisor to my clients and be the go-to person for them.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- I love when clients ask me about their business problems, because usually I learn new things while solving their problems.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would be an attorney or a politician.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Hotel California
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Camry Hybrid, because I was the early adopter of fuel-efficient cars.