- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls
- Business Process Improvement
- Professional Standards Litigation Consulting
- Economic Damages
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- AICPA IFRS Certificate of Educational Achievement
- University of California, Santa Barbara: BA, Business Economics (Accounting emphasis); Religious Studies; MA, Economics
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Sacramento Chapter Board of Governors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Trinity Episcopal Cathedral: Finance Committee
Heather Lyons is a Senior Manager in Process, Risk, and Technology Solutions (PRTS), with nearly 15 years of experience in public accounting and consulting. She provides internal audit and business process improvement consulting services. Heather has consulted for clients in a diverse range of industries, sizes, and stages of compliance, in both co-sourced and fully outsourced capacities.
Heather has managed the implementation of internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance at numerous organizations. She has also managed financial process reengineering projects, including redesign of the month-end financial close process and ERP optimization. Heather has assisted clients with technical accounting issues, restatements, and transition of the accounting function during mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining the firm, Heather was a Director in a Northern California-based accounting firm specializing in forensic accounting services. Her background includes professional standards litigation consulting, economic damage analysis, forensic technology services, and fraud investigations.
Heather began her career at a “Big 4” firm providing attestation services.