- Internal Controls
- Internal Audit
- Business Process Improvement
- Professional Standards
- Litigation Consulting
- Economic Damages
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- AICPA IFRS Certificate of Educational Achievement
- University of California, Santa Barbara: BA, Business Economics (Accounting emphasis); Religious Studies; MA, Economics
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Sacramento Chapter Board of Governors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Trinity Episcopal Cathedral: Finance Committee
Heather Lyons is a Senior Manager and the West Region practice leader specializing in Process, Risk, and Technology Solutions (PRTS). With over 15 years of experience, she has provided consulting and internal audit services to clients in a diverse range of industries, sizes and stages of compliance.
Heather has led the implementation of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance at numerous organizations. She leads specialty project teams assisting clients with financial process reengineering and automation, redesign of the month-end close, ERP optimization, and technical accounting related needs. Heather also assists companies with the transition of the accounting function during mergers and acquisitions
Heather supports clients by designing customized solutions with the necessary engagement team resources to meet the unique needs of each project. In addition to her in-depth technical knowledge and experience, clients value her ability to creatively problem solve. She recognizes the importance of client service, and as a result has built many long lasting relationships. Clients have lauded Heather’s ability to successfully manage a quality team and meet commitments, while making compliance a pleasant experience.
Prior to joining the firm, Heather was a Director in a Northern California-based accounting firm specializing in forensic accounting services. Her background includes professional standards litigation consulting, economic damage analysis, forensic technology services, and fraud investigations.
Heather began her career at a “Big 4” firm providing attestation services