- Federal, State & Local Tax
- Estate Planning
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
David Fields is a Partner with more than 35 years of tax, accounting and consulting experience. He is knowledgeable in all phases of tax compliance and planning, including individual, corporate, partnership, tax-exempt and deferred compensation arrangements. His client base ranges from businesses in their infancy stages to companies that have been in business for over 50 years.
David's experience includes the handling of numerous tax examinations, both at the federal and state levels. As a result, he emphasizes year-round tax planning by notifying clients of applicable tax law changes and the results of any new regulations or court cases that may have a direct impact on them.
David lectures on various topics, including income, estate and retirement planning.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- It's never over till it's over. And just when you think it's over, it's probably not.
- Where did you grow up?
- The Bronx, Yankees Stadium, and the bowling alley across the street
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- That's when I grew up.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Traveling and antiquing.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Teaching the younger staff to become better professionals.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Do the right thing and sleep at night.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Handling tax audits and resolving penalty issues.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I was always good in math, and wanted math to become a part of my everyday professional career.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Firework by Katie Perry
- What is your favorite TV show?
- American Pickers on the History Channel
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My 1976 Toyota Celica, because I learned how to drive a stick shift with that car.