- Legal Support Services
- Forensic Investigations
- Internal Control Assessments & Monitorships
- Claims Management
- Securities Fraud
- Audit & Accounting
- Financial & Technical Accounting Services
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Insurance Accounting & Controls
- Rate Regulated (Utility) Accounting & Controls
- Casino Accounting & Controls
- Data Mining
- Statistical Sampling & Inferences from Sample Information
- Regression & Correlation Analysis
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- St. Peter’s College: BS, Accounting
David Cace is a Partner in the Financial Advisory Services Group. He has over 35 years of auditing, forensic accounting, financial reporting, and internal control design and implementation experience, serving clients ranging in size from small entrepreneurial companies to Fortune 100 companies. In addition, he has specialized industry expertise that includes insurance, electric utilities, casinos, and claims processing, verification and management.
David is also a firm advisor on audit and statistical sampling matters. Prior to devoting his full time to litigation consulting and forensic accounting matters, David was a member of the firm’s Professional Practice Group, where he was involved in all aspects of the audit practice, including technical research, writing quality control policies and procedures and performing pre-issuance financial statement reviews.
Prior to joining the firm, David was an Audit Partner and Technical Review Partner at two other major accounting firms. Previously, David was with Coopers & Lybrand, where, in addition to his client responsibilities, he participated in their National Rotational Program, bringing his client and practice perspective to several of the firm’s national projects, including serving as a contributing author and final technical reviewer of the tenth edition of Montgomery’s Auditing.
David is a frequent author and speaker on various accounting and audit topics.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "The harder I work, the luckier I get." – Samuel Goldwyn
- Where did you grow up?
- Hoboken, NJ … long before it became the sixth borough of New York City.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I learned the fundamentals of my profession at St. Peter's College (now a University) … and we won the New Jersey State College Bowling Title three of my four years.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Classic car shows
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- The quest for quality is never ending.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Acknowledge Murphy's Law, and plan accordingly.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Misstatements in financial statements
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Sherry by the Four Seasons
- What is your favorite TV show?
- How about instead of favorite TV Show, "What is your favorite Broadway Play?" Answer: Jersey Boys
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- 1965 Buick Riviera – the car I still take to classic car shows – with the hidden headlights in the clamshell (and mystery classic car license plates: CCCCNS).