Daniel Kaplan is a Partner and a member of EA RESIG LLC with over 25 years of experience, and a concentrated focus on real estate fund advisory services. Dan oversees a variety of REIT and Opportunity Zone Funds, in addition to distressed and opportunistic equity and debt funds.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan served as the Chief Financial Officer of Island Global Yachting (“IGY”), a boutique real estate private equity fund, and helped build it into the world’s largest developer and operator of luxury marinas. IGY was founded by Andrew Farkas and other former senior executives of Insignia Financial Group, a NYSE traded company.
Dan served in a variety of roles at Insignia, primarily as the Chief Financial Officer of their residential property division, Insignia Douglas Elliman, helping facilitate its successful sale to Prudential Real Estate where he remained until rejoining the Insignia executive team.
Having been on both the operational side and the client-service side, Dan has exceptional insight into his clients’ needs. He began his career in 1994 with a Big 4 firm.
Dan frequently develops and moderates real estate industry Q&As and panel presentations and publishes articles on a variety of topics related to real estate industry.
- Real Estate Private Equity Funds
- Qualified Opportunity Funds
- Fund Structuring
- Emerging Manager Advisory
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Binghamton University: BA, Economics
- University of Maryland College Park: MBA, Accounting & International Business
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Urban Land Institute