- Audit and Assurance
- Employee Benefit Plan Consulting; Administration
- IPOs; Securities Registration
- SEC Reporting
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Internal Audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Pace University: BBA, Accounting; MBA, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Executive Women of New Jersey: Board Member; Treasurer
- Newark Regional Board Partnership: Board Member
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: Adjunct Professor
Christal McElroy is an Audit Partner with over 25 years of public accounting experience. Christal has extensive experience in serving public and private companies in a variety of industries, including technology, manufacturing, distribution and retail. In addition, she has led client engagements with significant international presence with a particular focus on SEC reporting and compliance matters. Christal also has expertise in specialized audits of employee benefit plans.
Prior to joining the firm, Christal was a Partner at a Big 4 accounting firm. She worked in the firm’s national office for two years and focused primarily on SEC registrants and filings.
Christal frequently speaks before professional audiences and leads training programs focused on developments in accounting and auditing.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "It is better to know how to learn than to know." – Dr. Seuss
- Where did you grow up?
- Rockland County, New York
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- My college experience was a pivotal turning point, directing me into the profession of public accounting.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I have the most enjoyment spending time with my husband, Jon, and two children, Ryan and Amanda. We enjoy traveling, attending concerts and playing golf.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- Basically because I was good in math! No, really, it was either be a CPA or a mechanical engineer.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Cherry red, 1984 Chevy Z24 Cavalier!